Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

If you're referring to the recent discussion in the thread, PV station is configured with a parking lot at the north end, then the YRT bus terminal, then a concourse level for the subway station, then platform level, then another concourse level on the south side, then the TTC bus terminal. While the walk between the platform and either bus terminal is quite short, the walk from a YRT bus to a TTC bus, or from the parking lot (farthest north) to the bus terminal's south exit (farthest south), is quite long and requires payment of a TTC fare.

Okay, that is true, but it's not like you have to walk underground. You could just as easily leave the YRT bus terminal, cross Steeles, and enter the TTC bus terminal, but then you'd have to deal with the elements. The parking situation isn't much worse than Kipling. Yes, it's far, but it's where the land is. I'm glad there is parking there and it was utilized.

Rode the extension for the first time yesterday. Despite the York University Strike, Finch West, Pioneer Village, and especially York University were heavily used, even during the midday when I rode. Hwy 407 was a desert, Vaughan MC was meh, and DVP was surprisingly well used. I'd estimate daily usages of:

FW: ~10-12K PPD
PV: 10-15K PPD
YU: 25-35K PPD
HWY 407: 1-2K PPD
VMC: 2-5K PPD
DVP: 5-8K PPD

The trains had about half the seats full leaving Sheppard West

Also, the walk from the bus terminal at PV and the platform isn't that long. Only about 1 minute and 30 seconds or less if you walk the escalators. And it's a nice walk; the concrete walls look amazing and the panels really fit in with it.

Took me a while to figure out what exactly DVP was referring to

I've created a neighbourhood thread dedicated to VMC after discovering that one was never made. Thought you guys might like to know and a place to post development activities and news pertaining to this area.

I took TYSSE for the first time today. Went southbound from YorkU at 17:30. Ridership was very sparse. However, northbound at 21:30, it was quite decent.

Last edited:
My experience with the line is that it isn't quite empty, but not really busy either. I got on at Highway 407 station on Saturday, and was the only person to either get on or off, going southbound at around 2pm. Other stations are busier.

My experience with the line is that it isn't quite empty, but not really busy either. I got on at Highway 407 station on Saturday, and was the only person to either get on or off, going southbound at around 2pm. Other stations are busier.
Funny that, I used it from 407 southbound on Saturday....got on about 5:55 returned from Union around 10......trip southbound was not busy at all (this goes for all station stops.....train never got more than 1/3 full)......on my return trip I was standing room all the way to Yorkdale......and train was still about 1/3 full when it departed 407 going to Vaughan. My read on this was.....since it was St Paddy's day and lots of "stuff" going on downtown the subway ride down to the Leaf game was way less busy than I expected (ie people had gone down much earlier "for the day") but after the Leaf game everyone was returning home and the full train was indicative of this (FYI...I hung around with my friend for about 15 minutes at the rink after the Leaf game so the train I was on was not the first or second train away).

Look, this individual observations (including mine) are cute but meaningless.....at some point (after enough time has passed) someone will measure the ridership in a fuller/broader fashion and we will all hear about it.

Some observations from late Friday night at VMC.

Cabs and cars awaiting passengers at the station:
e1.jpg

Bikes locked outside:
e4.jpg

Mini Leaf crowd exiting the station with a few appearing to be heading to the Vivastation:
e4a.jpg

Outside the station:
e5.jpg

The SmartCentres Terminal is coming along:
e2.jpg

Attachments

• e1.jpg
    e1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 440
  • e4.jpg
    e4.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 408