Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Again, I never noticed a washrooms at VMC and if they are outside of TTC Paid Area, then there are no TTC Washrooms on the extension.Then it would make no different to riders, since there is one there, one way or another.

The question is, who control the washrooms??

Like things these days, TTC talks customers service, yet they fail in many areas providing that service and washrooms are one of them.

GO has no washrooms for Mississauga Transitway other than Rentforth GO does have washrooms at a fair number of GO Stations with most close outside AM Peak time and a few at PM. GO has move to unisex washrooms for staff since its cheaper than having both sex.

Washrooms are a "MUST" for todays needs and can be added at a number of stations today, other than cost.

Well, there are no other TTC connections at VMC Station, so being outside of the fare paid area doesn't really make a difference, as you'll either be coming in/out from parking or to/from YRT/Viva/Zum.

It then actually makes a lot of sense for VMC and 407 washrooms to not be in the fare paid area, as there are no other TTC connections inside the fare paid area.

On the other hand, if Pioneer Village had washrooms, then they should have been in the fare paid area as there are TTC subway and TTC bus connections.

Since Finch West doesn't have a fare paid bus terminal, and some buses stop on-street, then its washrooms should not be in the fare paid area.

If Downsview Park had washrooms, then they should be outside of the fare paid area to serve GO Transit riders as the TTC bus routes stop on the street.

Finally, in my opinion, public washrooms in TTC stations should be inside the fare paid area if there is a fare paid bus terminal or is an interchange station, and should be outside on the fair paid area if there are non-TTC transit connections only (or not fare paid terminal) in addition to the subway. Of course, it would be nice to have both washrooms inside and outside of the fare paid area(s), but the type of connections should dictate where they are.

Actually the TTC buses are not in the fare paid area at PV, though to connect between the TTC bus terminal on the south side and the YRT bus terminal/parking on the north side you must a) travel through the fare paid subway platform or b) travel outside, using the crosswalk to go across steeles. That said, that affects all bus-to-bus inter-agency transfer passengers, not just those seeking to use the washroom; though I think the majority of the transfers here are bus-to-subway or parking-to-subway rather than bus-to-bus.
Looks like buses are in the fare paid area in this picture. From what I could tell, all TTC bus terminals on this extension are in fare paid areas.

img_8568-jpg.130497

Looks like buses are in the fare paid area in this picture. From what I could tell, all TTC bus terminals on this extension are in fare paid areas.

And as they should be. West end BD stations need bus terminals or passenger drop off areas within the TTC's fare paid area.

Once Line 5 opens, there better be washrooms in Eglinton West/Cedarvale station.

On Line 1, there's no publicly accessible washrooms between Wilson and Bloor-Yonge stations!

Not everyone is like John Wayne with his iron colon or wears diapers (and yes, adult diapers are a thing).

Last edited:
Once Line 5 opens, there better be washrooms in Eglinton West/Cedarvale station.

On Line 1, there's no publicly accessible washrooms between Wilson and Bloor-Yonge stations!

Not everyone is like John Wayne with his iron colon or wears diapers (and yes, adult diapers are a thing).

Fun fact: The TTC used to have a vestibule in the lower level of the Eaton Centre where the old food court and HMV was. It was a small door near the Dundas St end of what was the old food court and stores marked TTC VESTIBULE. Not sure what it was for but I think it was a throwback to before the mall was expanded.

FYI, York University Station actually has two sets of washrooms, a unisex one for the "collector" behind the information booth section and another pair by the faux Gateway stand for other staff personnel.
All 69 stations have washrooms if you want to look at it that way.

Islington, Kipling, Royal York, Dundas West, Keele.

Need I go on?

Dupont, Runnymede, Jane, Old Mill, Sherbourne, Bayview, Lawrence East, High Park, Dufferin, Lansdowne, Christie and All the downtown stations. Yeah, for High Park and Old Mill it might make no sense because only one route serves the station, but the others should have barrier-free access if possible. Streetcars in Downtown should be able to go underground if possible (Do this on College and Dundas where there are few PATH Conflicts) between Uni and Yonge or have sheltered overhangs like at Queens Park. Also, the dufferin bus doesn't serve dufferin station, and probably should considering the ridership on that route.

Dupont, Runnymede, Jane, Old Mill, Sherbourne, Bayview, Lawrence East, High Park, Dufferin, Lansdowne, Christie and All the downtown stations. Yeah, for High Park and Old Mill it might make no sense because only one route serves the station, but the others should have barrier-free access if possible. Streetcars in Downtown should be able to go underground if possible (Do this on College and Dundas where there are few PATH Conflicts) between Uni and Yonge or have sheltered overhangs like at Queens Park. Also, the dufferin bus doesn't serve dufferin station, and probably should considering the ridership on that route.

Also, half the Eglinton Crosstown underground stations won't have barrier-free access. I stress this because it saves commuters time, requires far fewer transfers, and (through weak correlation) leads to higher ridership.

I stopped by Downsview Park station on the afternoon Saturday the 23rd to film some GO trains passing through without stopping. I was expecting it to be totally deserted given the main point of the station was to provide a connection to the GO train, but GO service doesn't begin until the 30th.

But the station was surprisingly active. There were a decent number of people being dropped off and picked up by car, and there were some pretty seriously trodden paths across the snow from the west entrance to the Downsview Park farmers market.

But the station was surprisingly active. There were a decent number of people being dropped off and picked up by car, and there were some pretty seriously trodden paths across the snow from the west entrance to the Downsview Park farmers market.

Any Presto machines yet?

I stopped by Downsview Park station on the afternoon Saturday the 23rd to film some GO trains passing through without stopping. I was expecting it to be totally deserted given the main point of the station was to provide a connection to the GO train, but GO service doesn't begin until the 30th.

In the two minutes of footage inside the station, I counted seven people. Pretty impressive considering the lack of connecting routes. Let’s see how it does with the GO connection.

All 69 stations have washrooms if you want to look at it that way.

I was just trying to highlight the fact that one of these of the two designated washroom areas could have been converted into public facilities if they wanted to. A station as busy as the York U stop (at least in contrast to the rest of TYSSE) kind of justifies this.

Back