Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

So while running through training emergency drills the TTC decided to channel the Vietnam War. If you are in a tunnel with all hell breaking loose why not name your drills after a bombing campaign..

See here: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...rcise-after-vietnam-war-bombing-campaign.html

gosh must be a slow day at the star. seriously though why are people so sensitive these days about a name. It probably was an internal name that somebody leaked out and objected by some left wing hippie

gosh must be a slow day at the star. seriously though why are people so sensitive these days about a name. It probably was an internal name that somebody leaked out and objected by some left wing hippie

At least it is better than Operation Barbarossa, Operation Overlord or Operation Sea Lion?

All joking aside would they rather call it Operation we are attempting to get a train full of people out of a tunnel without half of them dying?

It is a name... it's not like the RCAF is going to calibrate their bombs using York U station as a reference point.

At least it is better than Operation Barbarossa, Operation Overlord or Operation Sea Lion?

All joking aside would they rather call it Operation we are attempting to get a train full of people out of a tunnel without half of them dying?

It is a name... it's not like the RCAF is going to calibrate their bombs using York U station as a reference point.

they can call it operation babylift

Ther are a few things you have to look at before you want to delacre any of thes as facts.

There's plans for a stadium that could host a Toronto-based NFL team (and potentially a Super Bowl)
As of right now, the NFL isn't really interested in the Canadian Market too much right now they have sights on possibly having a Team in London, England. Plus they like to have a single person be the owner of a team and not a corporation. Ther aren't many people with the kind of money for an NFL team in Canada let alone Toronto.

nd/or the FIFA World Cup

If you're referring to the upcoming joint bid between Canada, Mexico, and the USA then you may not want to get your hopes up. Canda will band Mexico will be hosting the preliminary games in the group stage well the major ones will be held in the US. There really isn't any need for a new soccer-only stadium to be built as we already have one and it's called BMO field.

I can't help but wonder what is the point of having these black posts with speakers mounted at the top (specifically the ones with no signage attached) at Pioneer Village station. IMO, they are absolutely hideous, and seem to be completely redundant considering the multitude of speakers mounted to the walls.

A31-1 1707024-8092
by TTC TYSSE, on Flickr

I can't help but wonder what is the point of having these black posts with speakers mounted at the top (specifically the ones with no signage attached) at Pioneer Village station. IMO, they are absolutely hideous, and seem to be completely redundant considering the multitude of speakers mounted to the walls.

A31-1 1707024-8092 by TTC TYSSE, on Flickr

you have to find some way to use up every dollar of the taxpayer funded budget.....

elevator music perhaps?

It might just be a place for performers to go, where they can use the provided speakers (maybe microphones) to present their art.
Or it could also have been that during testing they found that the sound didn't carry well and needed to add more speakers to it so that people could hear all of the announcements.

Is there any news on what the new name for the ##-YorkU routes will be for GO buses?

The TTC, YRT, and Brampton Transit have been open and clear about how their routes will change (or won't) to serve the subway and the York U campus, as well as the fare issue. Brampton decided that it's going to be business as usual, with additional service to meet the demand from the direct subway connection. YRT decided that many of its routes will still serve the campus as well as take over several TTC-contracted routes to provide a direct subway connection at Pioneer Village. The TTC will be making changes too, but there's no fare issues on their part.

GO Transit/Metrolinx has remained very quiet. Nothing about the 407 buses being pulled out of York U, and the transfer to the TTC to get to campus, nor about the planned closure of York University station and the replacement with Downsview Park.

Twelve weeks left.

I'd imagine that Go Transit is trying to work out some co-fare arrangement so their passengers can transfer from the 407 and Downsview Park stations to York University. It could be done with a tap-out or optional tap-out, or perhaps a global discount for passengers who take Go Transit and get on the TTC at one of those three stations.

I'd imagine that Go Transit is trying to work out some co-fare arrangement so their passengers can transfer from the 407 and Downsview Park stations to York University. It could be done with a tap-out or optional tap-out, or perhaps a global discount for passengers who take Go Transit and get on the TTC at one of those three stations.

It would be very sketchy if GO Transit uses their direct connection to Metrolinx and Presto to set up a system for free or $1 transfer to TTC WITHOUT the TTC knowing. This is an unlikely thing to happen to literally force fare integration, but it would be interesting to see what happens.

I’m not saying I would like to see this behaviour by Metrolinx, but it would the next big scandal if it happens.

It would be very sketchy if GO Transit uses their direct connection to Metrolinx and Presto to set up a system for free or $1 transfer to TTC WITHOUT the TTC knowing. This is an unlikely thing to happen to literally force fare integration, but it would be interesting to see what happens.

It would also be extremely illegal. When I say "trying to work out", I mean negotiating with the TTC.

Back