Southcore Financial Ctr: PricewaterhouseCoopers Tower (18 York St, bcIMC, 26s, KPMB)

I thought it was big too, that's why I'm asking. I haven't seen any adjustment notices or even any mentions of it on the leasing page so I don't see how they could have increased it, but that's what they're telling me.

It could be that they're counting the lantern as floors, but I asked if that's what they meant and they said no, 31 or 35 storeys not counting the lantern.

Not trying to start a rumour here either, just trying to see if anyone knows anything about it. I guess we'll know soon because I count it at 26 storeys right now. As soon as one of those flyforms moves we'll be able to see if there's a roof slab or not up there

I thought it was big too, that's why I'm asking. I haven't seen any adjustment notices or even any mentions of it on the leasing page so I don't see how they could have increased it, but that's what they're telling me.

It could be that they're counting the lantern as floors, but I asked if that's what they meant and they said no, 31 or 35 storeys not counting the lantern.

Not trying to start a rumour here either, just trying to see if anyone knows anything about it. I guess we'll know soon because I count it at 26 storeys right now. As soon as one of those flyforms moves we'll be able to see if there's a roof slab or not up there

Not saying that I know whether or not there's been an increase - but they could do so without a variance to the zoning. The zoning in the area iirc, is very permissive in terms of height. In fact I think Telus was built under the as-of-right zoning and didn't require any sort of planning approvals to go ahead. So there may still be room to add a few stories while flying under the radar.

I counted 25 or 26 storeys not to long ago. On top of that is the mechanical penthouse. Everything currently makes sense without any height increase.

A few vantage points:

5131385569_2e70a8f27a_b.jpg

5131391673_5749ae7240_z.jpg

5131989456_3743c81bc1_b.jpg

5131995908_85926a95d6_b.jpg

5131398369_c339b36492_b.jpg

I walked by the other day, and counted floors based on what is written for the construction elevator, based on my count what you see in this photo is the elevator core for the 27th floor. I don't know if this means it's 26+ floors, time will tell.

5133355606_a6b7e3003b_b.jpg

It occurs to me that if this building does end up at 31 or 35 storeys, then the developer must have sufficient confidence in the office market to consider spending the extra construction money to be justified. This would be in line with what I am hearing about a reviving demand for office space in downtown Toronto. The (very preliminary) rumours about movement at 45 Bay also suggests this.

After all, if there is in fact sufficient new demand to justify new office construction, then whoever moves first would have a BIG advantage in garnering whatever demand is out there. It seems likely that the first one or two new office projects to get underway would be a lot easier to fill than ones that wait too long.

Unforgivable cheapening of the design, how they made the corner feature (which juts out a bit, even) the same colour of glazing as the rest of the tower. Laaaame.

I'm most intrigued to see what the ground level will be like.

Unforgivable cheapening of the design, how they made the corner feature (which juts out a bit, even) the same colour of glazing as the rest of the tower. Laaaame.

I don't know if it's that big a deal. The south facade will be virtually invisible once ICE goes up.

Back