Southcore Financial Ctr: PricewaterhouseCoopers Tower (18 York St, bcIMC, 26s, KPMB)

even though it is only 26 stories, the large floor plate make this a significant addition of office space to the lower downtown core. The glass will help create some nice lighting onto the sidewalks and public spaces in the area. In NYC, some trees grow better after the nearby addition of glassy skyscrapers.

everybodies posting 18 york photos so i thought i may as well hop onto the bandwagon :D from one king west, royal bank plaza south blocked 18 york alittle but its a pretty nice view of the building

newandold140.jpg

this one is unedited ( i was to lazy)

newandold174.jpg

I think with some dense foliage surrounding the base/podium and a good street-front treatment, this thing will turn out alright.

Thanks for givin us such unique vantage points current! :D.
I'd never thought 18 York would be visible from University!
And that last shot is proof that the railway tracks DESTROY the downtown feel! it doesn't even look like a downtown!

Thanks for givin us such unique vantage points current! :D.
I'd never thought 18 York would be visible from University!
And that last shot is proof that the railway tracks DESTROY the downtown feel! it doesn't even look like a downtown!

But where else but downtown could you have such a confluence of railway tracks? That's what helps bring vitality to downtown and the city in general, the critical infrastructure for the trains from across the continent which bring people here and move people beyond the city.

They should teach the basics of the way dense cities function and their culture in schools, both elementary and high school. I'd like to see generations of Torontonians knowledgeable about their urban geography, heritage, and architecture. Right now, even leading mayoral candidates don't seem to understand the city too well, which becomes evident when one reviews their transportation plans.

But where else but downtown could you have such a confluence of railway tracks? That's what helps bring vitality to downtown and the city in general, the critical infrastructure for the trains from across the continent which bring people here and move people beyond the city.

They should teach the basics of the way dense cities function and their culture in schools, both elementary and high school. I'd like to see generations of Torontonians knowledgeable about their urban geography, heritage, and architecture. Right now, even leading mayoral candidates don't seem to understand the city too well, which becomes evident when one reviews their transportation plans.

Steveve doesn't mean the tracks need to be destroyed. Obviously they are an integral part of the downtown core, and without these rail links, the day to day operations of the area would be severely hampered.

They are a rather unsightly mess however. The general consensus is that they should perhaps be buried, and more development should encroach towards the tracks to eliminate this rather awkward gap that currently exists. It would improve the fluidity of the entire downtown area, uniting both the older north, and newly developing south.

The general consensus usually doesn't consider cost and logistics either. Of course, the tracks don't need to be pysically lower from their current plane of existence in order to be buried. It will take time though which most around these part have no patience for.

Back