News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.4K     3 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 684     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 941     0 

Someone told be this site was called UrbanToronto. Well, they lied

I can't believe I paid $30,000 to join this site.
And what the heck was that lab fee for?

I made a account just to say this. This site focuses only in the downtown area. I wanna talk about the other areas in the city. Change the name to UrbanDowntownToronto because you guys lied.

But the title you've given to the thread is "Someone told be this site was called UrbanToronto. Well, they lied", so you're contradicting yourself. Nobody "lied" - the emphasis of most of the threads started by members is indeed on what's happening in the downtown core, not the suburbs. Oft-repeated comments along the lines of "this building looks like it belongs in the suburbs/905 ..." is the ultimate putdown hereabouts for buildings some forum members don't like - along with the odd notion that supposedly bad design belongs somewhere - specifically, expelled beyond the walls where The Other dwells - i.e. not in the urban core. This nervous demonizing of suburban values is part of UT's charm, you mustn't blame us for being who we are.

edit: Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
fun9c8.jpg

lets all go nuts

urban toronto is the worst burger joint i've ever been to. why can't you use buns with sesame seeds? and where the hell is your wheelchair accessible bathroom?

I made a account just to say this. This site focuses only in the downtown area. I wanna talk about the other areas in the city. Change the name to UrbanDowntownToronto because you guys lied.

This might be one of the greatest posts ever. It's got that rare combination of misplaced anger, not understanding how forums work and poor writing.

Suburbanites are content as long as they can drive their SUV, wear their Nikes, eat their Big Mac. There is nothing else the suburbanite really cares enough to discuss. That is why there are few discussions about suburban issues. There are no suburban issues.

The irony for me is that when I joined this forum I was pleasantly surprised that there was any discussion about the 'burbs.

After all "suburban", by definition is not "urban".

UrbanDowntownToronto is redundant. The word "urban" implies downtown. After all, this site isn't called SuburbanToronto now is it?

The irony for me is that when I joined this forum I was pleasantly surprised that there was any discussion about the 'burbs.

After all "suburban", by definition is not "urban".

Urban has different meanings. Urban can refer simply to built-up areas such as in the term "urban area" in which case it would include the suburbs as well.

Scarborough town centre needs to be renamed Toronto town centre

Then people would be pushing the TTC to have better transit to TTC...it would get all confusing and people would throw their hands up and despair and just get drunk!!!

Suburbanites are content as long as they can drive their SUV, wear their Nikes, eat their Big Mac. There is nothing else the suburbanite really cares enough to discuss. That is why there are few discussions about suburban issues. There are no suburban issues.

Doady has me down to a tee. If only there were issues to discuss! Uh oh -- did I leave my Whopper in the MDX again? Must dash.

Urban has different meanings. Urban can refer simply to built-up areas such as in the term "urban area" in which case it would include the suburbs as well.

Now you are being silly. If you build up our areas, how will we find a place to hangar our SUVs near the McDs?

Last edited:
UrbanToronto not having enough threads/discussions on the 'suburbs' of Toronto (which in itself have different meanings to different people) is a valid point. I like to read about developments that are happening outside of the downtown core of Toronto, regardless of negative comments on such developments being inferior.

The fact that the Growth Plan dictates intensification within urban growth centres, including areas in Pickering, Scarborough, and Mississauga means more discussion will occur about how to urbanize these areas.

Last edited:
I like to read about developments that are happening outside of the downtown core of Toronto, regardless of negative comments on such developments being inferior.
Well start threads on those topics. The fact that others do not suggests that others are not interested, but if you are, go ahead.

The fact that the Growth Plan dictates intensification within urban growth centres, including areas in Pickering, Scarborough, and Mississauga means more discussion will occur about how to urbanize these areas.
Come on, Pickering and Mississauga surely are not valid with the definition of Urban Toronto. This forum is not about urban growth in Ontario, but about urban Toronto.

Back