News   Apr 18, 2024
 441     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 3.3K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.1K     4 

Some GTA Aerials by Tim MacDonald (Covid19 induced Boredom)

Slightly different view of what i posted the other day in another thread. Tridel's early 2000s Essex/Parc Nuovo/whatever they called the last phase is in the foreground with the first Dundas (in the area) street condo, The Kingsgate, slightly beyond. Kingsgate was interesting as it was put up in the 1989/1990 time frame just as a recession struck.. The Royal bank of Canada had a number of units that the builder couldn't sell and I remember touring one of the penthouse units in early 1991 It was listed for sale at $299,000. If only I had the money back then! Interesting side note, the land on which Kingsgate was built used to be a small Canadian Tire. Canadian Tire relocated to the land immediately west and then was subsequently sold a few years ago for the Kip District development. Now I feel old!
DJI_0739.JPG

Another phantom healthcare announcement. Well over a year ago, the Provincial Government announced a major expansion of the Queensway hospital with new building construction slated on the left side of the parking area in the first pic, along with a large parking structure on the left side of photo 2. Absolutely nothing has happened. If there is no sense of urgency in a pandemic, when will it happen?
DJI_0974.JPG

DJI_0975.JPG

Last edited:
After last weekend's rain and/or winds, it was nice to be back in the air this morning.

Here are a couple of new shots of Del's Pastry, or what remains of it.

DJI_0825.JPG

DJI_0826.JPG

DJI_0827.JPG

Photos from yesterday:

Air Canada 621 memorial
On this date in 1970, An Air Canada DC-8 crashed in Castlemore killing all 109 on board. The point of impact is the row of trees immediately beside kidney shaped stones. The site is registered as a cemetery and humans remains are interred under the black and white stonework.

DJI_0816.JPG

DJI_0812.JPG

DJI_0806.JPG

Another phantom healthcare announcement. Well over a year ago, the Provincial Government announced a major expansion of the Queensway hospital with new building construction slated on the left side of the parking area in the first pic, along with a large parking structure on the left side of photo 2. Absolutely nothing has happened. If there is no sense of urgency in a pandemic, when will it happen?
View attachment 330502

View attachment 330503

Ya made me look some stuff up:

1625513254316.png

Beyond that, I would note that I don't see a Final Report from the City anywhere; so unless this got bumped by an MZO, its still not approved.

I don't see the project on the Infrastructure Ontario site at all.

Last edited:
Thanks for looking it up, Northern Light. Incredible that it has taken this long and still nowhere near the finish line.

Captured this on Sunday in Brampton on the way back from the AC621 memorial. No idea what project this is. Corner of Fogal and The Gore Road I believe.
DJI_0819.JPG

Back