News   Mar 28, 2024
 232     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 224     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 278     0 

Some GTA Aerials by Tim MacDonald (Covid19 induced Boredom)

Tim MacDonald

Member Bio
Reaction score
Let's try this out.

Sheridan Park Mississauga.

Starting Feb 2018
001APR182020.jpg

August 2018 - A few floors up.

002APR182020.jpg

April 2020 - Almost done. I need to go back and shoot this from the same angle as the first two photos.
003APR182020.jpg

Some comparisons between the camera on the P4Pro and the Mavic Mini:

IMAX facility is our subject.

Mini-(lower altitude)
MiniAPR192020.jpg

P4Pro

P4APR192020.jpg

That cobrahead curve in Upper Middle Rd. has got to be the stupidest thing to keep when the area was developed. Why wasn't it realigned first?

So decided to take a quick boot aboot town today. Starting week four or five of Covid related involuntary unemployment, most stuff around the house is done, so may as well head out! First stop was Inspiration Lakeview. I think it had been almost two years since I had visited. Only had the Mini today and kind of wished i had taken the Phantom, too. There was more activity on the site than I thought there would be so no overflight today. Will have to return some weekend.

July 2018: Transmission lines and towers still present:
DJI_0151.JPG

Today:
DJI_0037.JPG

DJI_0036.JPG

This looks relatively new:
DJI_0045.JPG

Next Stop Lakeshore and Ogden:

I've noticed this property vacant for several years now but didn't pay too much attention and finally did some digging when I got home. A search on UT yielded no hits, either by the developer or address. I did learn that it was supposed to be a 97 unit town home development that failed in August of 2017 according to this article. Now it is just a lake complete with boat ramp ;)

DJI_0050.JPG

West Village:

First shot from Feb 2018:

DJI_0001 (2).JPG

Today I noticed that the equipment shed visible in the photo above (right side) had been demolished. It also looked like the sales centre is being built although not really visible in today's photo below:
DJI_0056.JPG

DJI_0052.JPG

DJI_0053.JPG

Project seems to moving at a snail's pace but I guess there is a lot of soil that needs to be decontaminated.

001APR292020.JPG

OK, so I'm curious about the fenced off area above. Corner of Winston Churchill and Speakman/Upper Middle. It's in the hydro field but I'm wondering why it was partitioned in such a way and if there was ever a building on the premises.

002APR292020.jpg

"Invisible Fence"
Sausga downtown on the left, Humber Bay or Etob on the right with Toronto downtown barely visible through the haze on the far right.

View attachment 243210
OK, so I'm curious about the fenced off area above. Corner of Winston Churchill and Speakman/Upper Middle. It's in the hydro field but I'm wondering why it was partitioned in such a way and if there was ever a building on the premises.

View attachment 243211
"Invisible Fence"
Sausga downtown on the left, Humber Bay or Etob on the right with Toronto downtown barely visible through the haze on the far right.

Lower pic is taken a bit west of Winston Churchill??

What's the story on the residual woodlot? Assuming I've got the right spot, its not named on google maps.

Back