News   Apr 19, 2024
 326     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 644     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 733     1 

Some GTA Aerials by Tim MacDonald (Covid19 induced Boredom)

If only I had the nine grand to sail on the Viking Octantis! Beautiful 2021 built expedition ship capable of Arctic and Antarctic voyages.
DJI_0426.JPG
DJI_0441.JPG
DJI_0446.JPG
DJI_0453.JPG

Ok, I am definitely heading back to the Portlands/lower Don. There is a lot of cool stuff to photograph there.
DJI_0507.JPG

Ride to conquer cancer cyclists on the Queensway just east of Islington.
DJI_0563ce.jpg

Surrounding traffic on Islington (northbound):
DJI_0589.JPG

Southbound
DJI_0559e.jpg

Setting up at East Mall and Bloor street. No westbound traffic on Bloor
DJI_0595.JPG

Ok, I am definitely heading back to the Portlands/lower Don. There is a lot of cool stuff to photograph there.
View attachment 406676
Congrats on crossing the Humber! These amazing shots of the Portlands and the eventual new wetlands for the Don make it so much easier to appreciate what is being accomplished. Hopefully, we can lure you back for updates and to prepare us for that magic moment when they add water and stir.

Congrats on crossing the Humber! These amazing shots of the Portlands and the eventual new wetlands for the Don make it so much easier to appreciate what is being accomplished. Hopefully, we can lure you back for updates and to prepare us for that magic moment when they add water and stir.
Indeed. I need to do a little more recon of the area to find good takeoff/landing locations and photo subjects but definitely plan on going back.

Indeed. I need to do a little more recon of the area to find good takeoff/landing locations and photo subjects but definitely plan on going back.
Try Basin Street for launching. Near the end of the street there's a bunch of old trailers and motorhomes which some 'homeless' live in, so just be aware.

DJI_0182.jpg

I hope to see many more skyline shots, especially at night!
I did a little night testing last winter and wasn't too happy with the results so I need to do more work on it this fall and see if I can tweak some settings.

Back