645     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 481     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 520     0 

Small OneStop screen update (w/ video)

W

wyliepoon

A video of a OneStop screen at Finch station displaying a message on the service disruption on the Bloor-Danforth line today. (which was the reason why I was at Finch Station rather than at Scarborough Centre station- I took the Steeles bus home instead of taking the McCowan bus)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbblI11wGOc

I remember there were a number of people against the installation of these things...I couldn't really figure out why. Sure, you may want to limit advertising in public spaces as much as possible, but I find these are more than worth the advertisements. They provide so much useful info.

The problem is though that the text advising of the service delay does not look any different than say "October Metropasses now on sale" - nothing to grab your attention. For something as important, it should interrupt the ad video sequence.

I'm not opposed to the new screens in principle. They just replaced the even more useless Subway Online ads. The ones that GO put in Union Station had audio along with the ads - which made them much, much worse. With enough complaining, they turned the audio off, and now I don't care about them.

I think they will also prove more useful when they finally start displaying "next train" info.

Back