News   Apr 25, 2024
 512     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 757     0 

Sixty Loft Condos (Sorbara Development) - Real Estate -

K

kwc1980

Hello,

I bought a unit there a while back and want to find others that did.

Anyone have any new details about that place that is not posted on their website already? (Not much details there.)

Message me if you know anyone or if you are one of them or if you have any inside scoop on it.

Ok ok, here is what I know thus far:
- Constructions has started
- Occupancy date which was originally slated for April 2, 2007 has now been pushed back already to Oct 31, 2007
- Sales are at around 40%
- The Sorbara group made some action Niagara pdf presentation about it around 3 months back that can be found here:
www.canurb.com/media/Pres...LMoore.pdf
- They are giving away two years of TCSSC memberships according to here now:
tcssc.com/forum/post.php?...88&f_id=38
- They have also added the inclusion of some balconies, kitchen island and 10 feet of dryway and door to the deal

Obviously, I am not with the builder so they can change anything stated above whenever they please.

Anything else anyone else knows? Please post. That would be awesome!

I hope everything goes well with this as I already bought in.

Cheers,
kwc

Hi there,

Good luck with your new purchase. I know how exciting it is to buy your first condo...

I don't know very much about your project. But I thought I would write to let you be ready to be patient. I've bought a loft in the current Sorbara project The Broadview Lofts. I bought early 2003 and will only be getting possession this summer... this translates into more than 3 years since I put my first down payment and almost 2 years from the initial completion date. Over this period we were delayed 5 times. Each delay was varying between 2 and 9 months.

Not trying to be too negative... just thought you might want to know... your project is new build so hopefully your project will be easier to complete.

RS

Thanks RS for your honest opinion. Sorbara groups seems to have a lot of interesting projects like Broadview and Brewery. It's just too bad that they keep delaying it.

Congrats to you too for getting a new place. Broadview loft looks like a really cool project. I pass by it almost everyday while on the Go Train and it does look very good.

I guess I will just have to face reality and be prepared for more delays. Boooo.

BTW, are you getting anything from the builder since the delay is more than 18 months? I just want to know what they do to compensate..if anything.

Re: I purchased two months ago:)

I purchased unit 015 a couple of months ago. REally happy with the unit layout. They are just over 50% sold out, and I with the recent launch of 60 Niagara (or should I say re-launch) more interest has been directed to 60 Bathurst.

My unit is sold out but the similar layout on the east side would be 010. Check it out....www.sixtyloft.com
:hat

I bought in.

I’m Happy,, don’t expect delays like the other projects because its a new build. But, I was really disappointed when I saw the Standard kitchen display, even for a basic kitchen I was expecting something better than what I would see in a 30 year old rental building.

Sixty Loft @ 60 Bathurst Street

My husband and I bought into sixty loft just 2 weeks ago and are very excited about this project. We bought on the 6th floor so if everything stays on schedule im assuming we wont be moving in until late Dec. 07 or Jan. 08

We have been doing some research on the new development condo/loft market in Toronto and i feel that the standard features that you get with sixty are actually very good. Where else can you get a 6 foot tub as a standard feature. One of the things i like the most is the open floor plan, i love that there are no real walls so its all open.

This is our first time buying new construction but we are not first time buyers.

Re: Sixty Loft @ 60 Bathurst Street

This is so exciting! The enthusiasm is catching. I may just sell my house and buy a condo there too, right away. Anyone else feel this way?

Wow you have a house that wicked. Having a house means you have a lot of space :) Before we moved to Toronto we owned a house, it was a beautiful Victorian house that was over 100 years and about 2000 Square feet.

I love houses but living in Toronto i also love the lifestyle of loft living!

I'm gonna buy, and insist they change the name to "The Soixante".

Just called them due to all this excitement on the board. They are at 65% sold now!

They said the occupancy is now Nov 2007. They are pretty much on schedule with the construction, maybe a 2 week delay or so from the previous Oct 31, 2007 timeline.

I got one of the units that has the same layout as the model suite. Can't wait to move in and decide on the layout. From when I bought to now, they changed the layout a bit and added a closet and some partition that I don't really like. Hopefully I can have it back as the original where it is all open.

I bought sometime in June '06 unit 10 because unit 15 was all sold out. I like the fact that I can customize pretty much everything whereas in other condos you only have a choice between a few different colour schemes. I think the underground construction is almost complete too.

Yes you are right

Yes you are right it looks as though the underground construction is almost complete..... How exciting! We purchased unit #009 and are also very excited about the open floor plan. Another great feature that we are looking forward to is being able to purchase the upgrade of having a gas line put in on our balcony for a bbq.

Re: Yes you are right

This is soooooo thrilling! Six newbies - all buying. What are the odds of that, eh? Awesome!

I'm soooo going to tell all my friends to sell their houses and try to buy there too - while units are still available. I'm soooo gonna talk this thing up to everyone I know.

>Re: Loblaws

I just know there's going to be a Loblaws there! I just know there's going to be everything I always wanted there! I'm calling my agent and putting my house on the market right now! These condo's are going fast and I don't want to miss out! I'm soooo excited!

Back