Sixty Colborne (Freed Developments) - Real Estate -

@dracolnyte is the quality at HP really any better than Sixty Colborne? The units I saw at HP weren’t finished well and most were poorly designed
much better, in fact it is the best out of all the buildings I viewed and satisfies most of my requirements. Which floor did you see at HP or was it the Signature or Harbour collection?
As a potential buyer, I have visited and objectively evaluated all the buildings and units I shortlisted (new builds completed 2018), and HP came out on top.

@dracolnyte aside from the lobby, I find it the weakest of all three. HP has some of the most questionable floor plan designs I’ve seen in some time. I even find the penthouse collection underwhelming. Are those vertical blinds standard? To be honest, vehicle congestion in that area alone would make me rather Sixty.

I used to work at One York and used the HP gym facility. Aside from the exterior and lobby, I am thoroughly disappointed with how HP turned out.

@dracolnyte aside from the lobby, I find it the weakest of all three. HP has some of the most questionable floor plan designs I’ve seen in some time. I even find the penthouse collection underwhelming. Are those vertical blinds standard? To be honest, vehicle congestion in that area alone would make me rather Sixty.

I used to work at One York and used the HP gym facility. Aside from the exterior and lobby, I am thoroughly disappointed with how HP turned out.

questionable floor plans does not justify writing off the entire HP as a disappointment. Floor plans are pretty subjective and I find them pretty functional. There are 11 units per floor, while the corner units are a bit impractical with the pillar and angles, there are still 7 other well laid out units to choose from; this is to be expected from a building with an unconventional exterior design. I never gave notice to the blinds, they can be replaced for cheap if it bothered anyone, but this building was the only one that came with Miele appliances standard for the higher units. All the other buildings do not offer this option even at the penthouse level. Vehicle congestion was not one of my considerations since there is the PATH. Plus the area near 60C just sketches me out and with the king st transit pilot program in place, it wouldn't make traffic any much better for car owners.

Last edited:
@dracolnyte rather the company of endless cars...less sketchy. The path connection is awkward in that area and should be avoided if possible. I didn’t even bother using it while working there because it’s so convoluted.

88 has awesome path access from commerce across the street. Sixty has it within 5 minutes.

Blinds are cheap?! I guess it's relative to how much window the unit has, but I never found blinds to be cheap. :) I like King and Church, and even moreso since the streetcar pilot project. Maybe St. James Park is the sketchy bit? I've been in this neighbourhood for some time, and it's always been improving - 15 to 20 years ago I'd say the park was sketchy, but since the Vu and Posthouse et al came in, it's been very nice - and they are redoing the park.

But to each their own, buy whatever that ticks most of the boxes. :)

@dracolnyte rather the company of endless cars...less sketchy. The path connection is awkward in that area and should be avoided if possible. I didn’t even bother using it while working there because it’s so convoluted.

88 has awesome path access from commerce across the street. Sixty has it within 5 minutes.

This is getting a bit off topic, discussing why I chose another building which fits my needs more over 60 Colborne and you are not trying very hard to hide that you have a huge bias for 88, which is understandable since you own a unit there. You seem to jump on the chance to criticize other buildings for frivolous details or take offence when people choose to live in buildings other than 88 and zealously promote 88. Buyers will do their homework and pick the best building for themselves, no need to go bashing other buildings, this kind of behaviour makes it hard to take your claims with any credibility. Anyway, I bought a unit already, I will be unsubscribing to this building so this will be my last reply in this thread.

Yes, I agree the Path connection is awkward and convoluted in that area but residents don't have to take it, in fact, I will be taking most of my commute via outdoors. But in days where there are thunderstorms, torrential rain, blizzards, or freezing rain, you will be glad that there is the option to walk inside. This is why I am willing to pay a premium to live at HP, Path is 1 elevator ride away and Union station is in 3 minutes. Other factors I look for is if the building has had a history of floods. I lived in the L Tower for a year, and now currently renting a unit across from 60 Colborne for over a year. Both buildings had several floods before and I don't want to live through the inconvenience of a flood again in a brand new building. So any building with a history of flooding is heavily discounted in my books.

You may ask any sales agent how many units they have sold in 60C. I asked one of the listing agents to get some comparables and she showed me a huge list of listings being terminated. I have been watching this building since last year, and even with the below-market asking price and huge builder credit, listings keep getting terminated and relisted. Sales figures don't lie, either something is wrong with the building or the developer has a publicity issue. Either way, this building ticks the least boxes for me.

Area around 60 Colborne sketches you out? How exactly? It’s one of the top areas in the core.
Other than the St. Lawrence market, which gets boring after a while, there is nothing special about the area to me. I live across from 60C, tried walking around east of church at night, I don't feel very safe.

Last edited:
@dracolnyte huge bias? I’m not even discussing 88 and this is a Sixty Colborne thread. 88 hasn’t closed yet which means you couldn’t purchase there anyway. My comments towards 88 are honest, for better or worse, and my thread history there proves that.

Don’t post in threads talking down poor quality buildings when you yourself purchased in an average one. Hate to break it to you but HP has had many floods, a recent one just impacted 20 floors. All the best!

Last edited:
Other than the St. Lawrence market, which gets boring after a while, there is nothing special about the area to me. I live across from 60C, tried walking around east of church at night, I don't feel very safe.

Hmm. Interesting. To each his/her own. We can’t all agree. I mean I find HP area to be very boring and if st Lawrence market is the only good thing you see about king and church then we are clearly very different.

60C may not be selling for a variety of reasons. But the loft, minimalist look isn’t for everyone. Think over the long term it will do well as will HP and 88.

Back