Toronto Sixty Colborne Condos | 82.29m | 25s | Freed | a—A

Yeah, but I'm not sure what area he's referring to--strictly, east of the Financial District is anything north of the Esplanade and south of, say, Queen. Since the St. Lawrence Market area is pretty gold, I I'm not sure what area is being referred to. The 'upper' east side--anything north of Queen--is obviously rough.

Yeah, it's amorphous, to be sure -- if I was to pin it down, I would think it'd be roughly Yonge and Colborne-ish at the western edge and maybe Yonge and Adelaide-ish at the northern edge, but then there are pockets of exceptions as soon as you make your way east thereof. So maybe I'm talking myself out of agreeing with the original sentiment. Any way you slice it, I think this building is great for the area.

I think he might have been mixing up the coloured (orange/bronze) glass on the podium glazing with corten steel. The ground level and arch were originally spec'd as a decorative relief pattern in aluminum.

I think he might have been mixing up the coloured (orange/bronze) glass on the podium glazing with corten steel. The ground level and arch were originally spec'd as a decorative relief pattern in aluminum.
My bad, I think I always just assumed it would be Corten. If the orange/bronze glass comes through decently I'll be okay with that. I just want more colour!

8th floor all of a sudden.

IMG_3359.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3359.JPG
    IMG_3359.JPG
    264.7 KB · Views: 383
Small photo update. Also, my understanding is now that the arch feature has indeed been removed after all; the long length of the vehicular entry opening from north to south has been reduced, resulting in more oriel windows for the retail along the Church St. elevation. I have not seen the most recent elevations but I have seen the updated plans and that is how I read them.

052BcGv.jpg

uNegoHQ.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to see but cladding lying on its side on the second floor waiting to be installed.

IMG_3473.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3473.JPG
    IMG_3473.JPG
    265.1 KB · Views: 393

Back