Sheridan College (MCC, 4s, Rounthwaite Dick & Hadley Architects) COMPLETE

well, a little bit of news on this one....men and equipment were on site today, looked like they were taking core samples....

I counted the floors again. I'm pretty sure the tallest building is 46 stories (from top to bottom, and I estimated the roof element to be at 10 additional stories) for a total of 56.

I still like this project. Has it been approved? Is there a more recent render?

No movement on this project, but the site frames the growing skyline nicely:

03092008116.jpg

(L-R: civic centre, Capital Towers, One Park Tower and the crane for Chicago)

- Andy

wow exciting MCC .... yet another masterplan development in addition to Amacon + Daniels' proposal in MCC

So we know this project is dead and the site may-or-may not be the future home of the Sheridan College MCC campus (pending Carolyn Parish's conflict of interest circus). But it would appear that they are now clearing land for the extension of Square One Dr. through the site, as of this week.

So we know this project is dead and the site may-or-may not be the future home of the Sheridan College MCC campus (pending Carolyn Parish's conflict of interest circus). But it would appear that they are now clearing land for the extension of Square One Dr. through the site, as of this week.

Well the good news is Sheridan has already applied for building permits. Sheridan will be going ahead!

Edit: I lied. They have applied to remove the holding by law on the site, and have submitted a site plan.

STANDARD SITE PLAN N OF BURNHAMTHORPE RD W, W/S OF DUKE OF YORK BLVD Sheridan College Downtown Missississauga Campus Building 2009-09-11 APPLICATION IN PROCESS
H-OZ 9 4

REMOVAL OF 'H' HOLDING SYMBOL BOUNDED BY PRINCE OF WALES DR, LIVING ARTS DR, RATHBURN RD W & DUKE OF YORK BLVD Sheridan College Downtown Campus 2009-08-26 APPLICATION IN PROCESS

Last edited:
Our goal is to attract 5 new post-secondary education institutions to Mississauga, with one specifically located in the City Centre.

Council recently approved the purchase of 3.46 hectares of land north of the Living Arts Centre and gave us the 'green light' to finalize lease negotiations with Sheridan.

Hope to have the lease agreement and all other details approved by Council by the end of October.

Yes they are working on Sq One Dr extension and Sheridan will use the land on the south side of it.

Sheridan is ago regardless of Parish's witch hunt.

Not sure when they will start on that unfinished section to Confederation.

It's too bad that this won't be built, as I liked it better than having a campus at this spot. The campus would have been better on Burnhamthorpe.

Considering that it's not that big a piece of land, there's a chance Sheridan does something a little more vertical than other more suburban campuses. I won't hold my breath that it will be visually appealing or engage the streetscape well.

One look at what UW did with their optometry building in DT Kitchener shows both really good and really bad in one place. The good news is that no matter what the building ultimately looks like, there will be much more daytime activity added to the area.

Considering that it's not that big a piece of land, there's a chance Sheridan does something a little more vertical than other more suburban campuses. I won't hold my breath that it will be visually appealing or engage the streetscape well.

One look at what UW did with their optometry building in DT Kitchener shows both really good and really bad in one place. The good news is that no matter what the building ultimately looks like, there will be much more daytime activity added to the area.

And night time if there is a residence component:)

Back