News   Sep 06, 2024
 1.5K     8 
News   Sep 06, 2024
 584     0 

Sherbourne/Wellesley Fire

androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
Some pics from the fire at 200 Wellesley this evening.

sfire1.jpg

sfire2.jpg

sfire3.jpg

sfire4.jpg

sfire7.jpg

sfire5.jpg

sfire6.jpg

sfire8.jpg

That was one intense fire. Heres some quick shots I took this morning.

5022665769_3248ba4890_z.jpg

5022665475_495e9ffae3_z.jpg

5022665127_6a66456ba0_z.jpg

5023274680_6123424fbe_z.jpg

Residents put in the Wellesley Community Center
5023274946_2ce7a1a436_z.jpg

Last edited:
This quote from the Star shows the intensity of the fire.

"The blaze was so hot that it raised concerns for the building’s soundness, fire officials said. The Fire Marshall’s Office was on site."

I've lived downtown for 26 or 27 years and I've never heard so many sirens (I'm currently at Wellesley & Jarvis). They started at around 4:30 and were still rolling until well past 9pm. There were two other events in the area that brought in emergency vehicles along with the fire at 200 Wellesley. Walking down Jarvis Street around 10:30pm I could still see a window glowing and smoke coming from 200. The 11pm news reported that it had spread to another apartment which scares the heck out of me, that's not supposed to happen.
I feel bad for people who live there, many are low income folks. Smoke and water damage is going to be extensive throughout the building and I suspect most people won't have any insurance.

Last edited:
A couple of shots from the top of my building today

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

That's a great shot of Verve/500.

There's so much action along Bleeker street. So many cops, cop cars, news trucks, etc. A bunch of TTC shuttle busses. Had a good view of the fire from my balcony. People stayed for hours just watching.

Great pics. Those high-def closeup shots by androiduk are amazing. WOW. The balcony metal-- you can see it melting and the paint all gone. Yikes. Must have been insanely hot. I hope everyone was ok!

Interesting to follow the Twitter hash-tag #wellesleyfire http://twitter.com/#search?q=#wellesleyfire lots of photos, interesting links, etc... Some things people can do today to help:

What will be needed today:

• Interpreters needed: Arabic, Farsi, Punjabi, Urdu, Turkish
  • Muslim Women's Headscarves/Hijabs
  • Prepaid $1.00/$2.50 overseas calling cards. People need to reassure family they are still okay.
  • Chargers for cell phones and electric scooters / wheelchairs
  • diapers for both babies and adults
  • personal grooming items( toothbrushes, toothpaste, combs, etc)
  • clothing: (basically every size will be needed)
  • baby food and formula

How to help and also
4 Lessons from 200 Wellesley Fire

Back