2.2K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 4.1K     5 

Secret viewing locations

M

mpolo2

I have been debating starting a thread on this for a while. In my business (and I suspect a lot of others here) I end up in a wide range of buildings around the downtown area which have fabulous views and are surprisingly accessable. Not quite open to the public, but...
-For instance, the 26the floor of 1 Dundas W (above Eatons Centre) is a training facility run by Osgoode Hall (law school) -my firm is there all the time renting space for training program and there are fabulous wrap-around views of downtown. There is a front desk on the floor but it hang a left as you exit the elevator and you can pretty much wander as you please.
-Also the floor right below Canoe in the TD tower is currently completely empty. My firm also rented that floor for a one day event in the summer. Amazing views and I suppose one can go up there anytime you want. The floor one above Canoe is also empty too - but I think it is only accessable by stairs.

Right now i'm sitting on the 4th floor of the Toronto Reference Library looking out over the trees of Rosedale that are just starting to change colour. If I didn't know better, i'd think it the start of some vast wilderness -- no houses in sight. In a month all that will change, and the houses will be visible.

right now, i'm in a cityplace building on a high floor. the view to my east will be gone from the new construction and the north west reamin beautiful.

Yeah, I know a few, but if I posted them they wouldn't be very secret then, would they?

Back