1.3K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Sandbanks Prov. Park & Picton

D

Darkstar416

My back-log of pics is almost done. Yay!

Not the most urban, but still kinda neat nonetheless. These pics are also from Canada Day Weekend when we went to Prince Edward County to spend a day at Sandbanks Provincial Park. It's really hard to believe this is Lake Ontario and its highly recommended! The water is great, you can walk-out for quite a while (sort of like Wasaga) and it's only a 2.5 hour drive from Toronto. There's also plenty of bed & breakfasts in the area too (if you want to make a weekend out of it). On the way home we also stopped in Picton (for some dinner) which has a bit of charm to it. I stress "bit."

Anyway, here's goes...

SANDBANKS PROVINCIAL PARK

DSCN0927.jpg

DSCN0928.jpg

DSCN0929.jpg

DSCN0930.jpg

DSCN0940.jpg

DSCN0941.jpg

DSCN0942.jpg

DSCN0948.jpg

DSCN0949.jpg

DSCN0950.jpg

PICTON

DSCN0951.jpg

DSCN0952.jpg

DSCN0953.jpg

DSCN0954.jpg

And one last shot...for Adma.
DSCN0955.jpg

Did you do the Glenora Ferry?

I love the bit of Ontario between Port Hope and Kingston - it's so interesting, full of beautiful small towns - and Prince Edward County is amongst my favourite rural areas.

Nice pics. You can find some good alternatives to Muskoka if you go east instead of north.

Prince Edward County is no longer exactly off the beaten track. A lot of Torontonians are buying up the place for summer homes, B&Bs and fancy spas. The vinyards are coming on now too.

I was a big fan of Sandbanks until we stumbled on North Beach Provincial Park. Its not as busy as Sandbanks and no overnight camping. Makes for a great day trip and you can choose to swim on the Lake Ontario side or the lagoon on the other side. Pack a picnic and spend the day.

Great pics, I used to go to Sandbanks with my ex girlfriend and I have nothing but good things to say. However I find that a lot of people are still ignorant about it.

It's frankly better that not everyone knows about it. Lovely area. Great parks. Shhhh!

I can't think of Picton without thinking about landmines and Caravaggio's thumbs...damn you English Patient!

Back