Toronto Hallam Towns | 13.75m | 4s | Battaglia Associates Inc

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
1183 Dufferin Street. Between Dupont and Bloor, just south of the Galleria.The addition looks about 5 storeys.

Last edited:
A few of us had a look at that church last year, when it was for sale. We were not so sure about a loft in that area, especially one with no parking at all. But good for them, I cannot wait to see it completed.

Seems it is all churches being converted these days. Watch for one on Wallace, another on Jones. Two on Annette are almost done. I have one in the works in Parkdale, and The Westmoreland is well under construction.

Seems it is all churches being converted these days. Watch for one on Wallace, another on Jones. Two on Annette are almost done. I have one in the works in Parkdale, and The Westmoreland is well under construction.

I'd love to see some pictures of these projects!

Attachments

• Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 1,082
I dunno. Wouldn't a fire make it easier for construction? They'd just be using the shell anyway, and people like the smell of burning wood, right? I think the smoke stains would give the brick more character, too. I hope it still happens.

I dunno. Wouldn't a fire make it easier for construction? They'd just be using the shell anyway, and people like the smell of burning wood, right? I think the smoke stains would give the brick more character, too. I hope it still happens.
Depends on the condition of it after they've put out the fire. It is possible that the Fire Department and or Building Department will recommend that the building be demolished on the grounds that it is no longer structurally sound. Happens.

Website no longer working (probably for a while now). Project likely dead anyways with no trace to even developer's info.

I doubt it, they had this project way too far into the process for that. They had full intentions to rebuild the church, never mind the fact that this site doesn't have much potential beyond a church conversion. you can't exactly build a huge 30 floor condo here.

Back