News   Jul 22, 2024
 483     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 524     0 

Sales Centres

buildup

Member Bio
Reaction score
I visited both the Four Seasons and Shangri-lai centres recently (feeling like a fraud because I bought elsewhere) and there are real differences in their approaches.

Shangra-lai has sold over 80% of floors 20-50, and around 40% of the private estates floors 50-65. Their approach is to have a terrific scale model of the building and exceptionally attractive miniture wooden replicas of certain suites. There are some Miele kitchen appliances around, and a bathroom, but they didn't do a full scale "model suite". The approach worked because most buyers bought without visiting the sales center. I liked it because seeing a bunch of sample furniture has always seemed silly since its not what you're getting, nor what you want.

Four Seasons has all the Gluckstein stuff, a full compliment of decorated rooms and some ridicously high ceilings. The living room ceiling looks like its nearly 18 feet - whose getting that? Also the washrooms hadn't been cleaned. The whole Four Seasons seemed less proffessional, which was surprising. I'm sure, however, that the project will be very fine.

Sales centre have been honed to an art in Toronto. It's a long way from my in-laws' visit to the sales trailer and the photocopied sales brochure in Montreal.

I find the sales tactics are increasingly becoming misleading. A few years ago a model unit tried to accurately represent exactly what you would be purchasing (minus the furnishings). M5VLife for example also has ridiculously high ceilings which are misleading. Also, their model bathroom and kitchen that look onto blue jays way do not represent the standard features in most units.

I find the sales tactics are increasingly becoming misleading. A few years ago a model unit tried to accurately represent exactly what you would be purchasing (minus the furnishings). M5VLife for example also has ridiculously high ceilings which are misleading. Also, their model bathroom and kitchen that look onto blue jays way do not represent the standard features in most units.

I've been to many sales centres before finally purchasing a condo. Most sales centre models are upgraded and further upgraded to woo and wow the potential purchasers. That's the purpose of models. There were however, some centres I've been to where they had both upgraded models and standard models showing exactly what your getting. My advice is to ask the sales rep exactly what comes with it including the ceiling heights and get a copy of feature sheet.

I went to the Waterclub sales centre a few years back. They had a full scale model of a 750 sq feet unit. I thought that was a mistake because it really did show how small that is.

Back