News   Apr 26, 2024
 506     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 207     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 677     0 

Russell Hill, The (Great Gulf/Signature Living, 7s, D+S) COMPLETE

I find the design has tried to fit elements of proportion from the venacular neighborhood quite well. This is especially hard to do, when adding a modern window component into the brick facade. While it doesn't relate to some of the buildings along St. Clair - it doesn't have to as there is frankly no historical context as a primary source to relate to.

April 25

IMG_april-25-09-0089.jpg

IMG_april-25-09-0094.jpg

IMG_april-25-09-0095.jpg

this is looking pretty sharp now that most of the landscaping is in place. I especially like the shot looking diagonally across the intersection. The only thing I'd like to see is some sort of detail added to the long stretch of blank stone wall to the left of the entry. maybe a circular wall hanging in copper or the name and address of the building in raised lettering...

I find it staggering how sharp the portions of St. Clair that have been de-wired look. The contrast is astonishing. There is a beautiful, beautiful city hiding underneath all the the sky junk.

One would hope this will inspire most Torontonians to demand the same on all major streets.

I find it staggering how sharp the portions of St. Clair that have been de-wired look. The contrast is astonishing. There is a beautiful, beautiful city hiding underneath all the the sky junk.

One would hope this will inspire most Torontonians to demand the same on all major streets.

You need to look at the section from Caledonia to Keele as well from Hendrick to Dufferin that will be wired up again because of the fire department. Also, thanks traffic and planning for not giving TTC more room for the ROW so buses/fire trucks could use it.

It is more clean looking, but still some old stuff up there still.

This building turned out decently. The overhand suggests the Modernist "floating" look, and the brick cladding makes the effect even more dramatic.

And yes, 'dewiring' our streets and adding decent new lighting makes a huge difference. When the architectural features of buildings, not wires are focal points I think people will see the city in a completely different way.

Drum, why will those sections need to be rewired? What does the FD have to do with overhead?

Because FD 10'+ trucks will not fit the ROW and they have bitch about this or more like the local Chief before the ROW was approved. Got to thank the traffic folks designers for this issue as well on street parking.

I cannot see why Phase IV has to be this way as there was more room there than the rest.

The FD even got a ramp built at Hendrick which will allow traffic to make U-Turns as well left hand turns without lights and TTC is not please on this move.

Oct 08

This project is 100% complete.

I was stop by the building maintenance person at the request of the his boss who was holding a staff meeting that I needed permission to shoot the building. It would have to be on another day.

I said no as I was on public property and he was not please. was doing the last 3 shots at the time.

I was going to try to get some inside shoots as the rooms have been setup, but that went out the window as well trying for some shots at the rear.
IMG_oct-08-09-0105.jpg

IMG_oct-08-09-0106.jpg

IMG_oct-08-09-0107.jpg

IMG_oct-08-09-0108.jpg

IMG_oct-08-09-0109.jpg

IMG_oct-08-09-0110.jpg

IMG_oct-08-09-0113.jpg

IMG_oct-08-09-0114.jpg

IMG_oct-08-09-0115.jpg

IMG_oct-08-09-0116.jpg

IMG_oct-08-09-0117.jpg

Back