News   Jul 11, 2024
 273     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 418     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 662     0 

Royal Gardens (Hwy 7+Bayview/Leslie, Liberty Dev Co, 3x 11s, Kirkor?)

Solaris

Member Bio
Reaction score
Liberty strikes again! (with Kirkor I believe, as this project resembles the Metropolis/Metro Place design) ;)

The site is located on the Richmond Hill side north of Highway 7, mid block between Bayview and Leslie, municipally addressed as 372-382 Highway 7 and 9-15 Rockwell Road

3 condominium towers are proposed at 11 storeys each with a total of 627 suites and 23 townhomes, the built form + height is pretty consistent with the Leitchcroft/Galleria cluster (Eden Park Towers, Parkview Towers, Thornhill Towers, etc) across the street on the Thornhill/Markham side

Website
http://www.libertydevelopment.ca/royalgardens/index.html

Site Plan

Richmond Hill Town Planning Staff Report - March 2009
http://www.richmondhill.ca/documents/meetings/cpublic/3_3_2009_19_30/Item%201.pdf

Last edited:
thanks for posting. I was considering this condo but it looks that it will be very loud since it's so close to Highway 7. what is your opinion???

thanks for posting. I was considering this condo but it looks that it will be very loud since it's so close to Highway 7. what is your opinion???

Here is my 2cents, noise shouldn't be an issue as the road limit of that section of Hwy 7 is between 70-80km and also there are traffic lights in between. But one thing you may want to check is the rush hour traffic (especially Hwy 7 between Leslie all the way to Warden). Hope this help :)

Here is my 2cents, noise shouldn't be an issue as the road limit of that section of Hwy 7 is between 70-80km and also there are traffic lights in between. But one thing you may want to check is the rush hour traffic (especially Hwy 7 between Leslie all the way to Warden). Hope this help :)

Traffic is BRUTAL on Hwy 7 between Bayview and Woodbine from 7am - 7pm !! Beware!

Traffic on 7 is 24/7. It is especially bad between Leslie and Woodbine. It has gotten progressively worse over the years as new hotels, plazas and office buildings come online and 99% of employees drive to work alone.

Sales @ Royal Gardens Begin

Apparently Liberty has started selling this project this weekend (of course to realtors first~), tower 1 is located at the southwest corner of the site fronting Highway 7

Presentation Centre is located in a commercial plaza at 360 Highway 7 East, between Bayview and Leslie at the northwest corner of Hwy 7 + Saddlecreek Drive ... the space was previously occupied by a Chinese restaurant

Interesting that Liberty (once again like World on Yonge) refused to issue any price lists as one was expected to inquiry a specific unit and then the sales rep would give the price ... I suppose it makes it easier for the builder to jack up the prices at any given time and add hype to the project :rolleyes: ... Liberty seems to be doing pretty well in terms of sales (so they say) with all 1B and 1B+D suites sold

When I read the words "Royal Gardens" I cannot help but think of the subdivision of the same name on the Big Island of Hawaii that was swallowed up by a succession of lava flows.

ew080307f.jpg

vo-HA-impact-05.JPG

Kilauea_2007_01.JPG

artve.jpg

the 'U' bldg (which will really be 2 connected 'L' bldgs - phase 2+3) had to be set back to allow for a limited number of at grade parking spaces to service the grade level retail units proposed facing Highway 7 ... having parking either underground or locate internal to the site and expect customers to walk around to get to the stores (ie: dry cleaners) is not functionally possible, which equals no business viability

Ya, I know why they did it this way, but the retail units could also be located on the interior. 16 spaces is not going keep whatever retail goes in there alive if they front on to Hwy 7. To survive, they would require more parking and significant walk up customers. The Region is trying to urbanize hwy 7 with Viva and eliminating points where pedestrians and cars cross paths. In reality, the number of pedestrians in this area with or without Viva will be very insignificant. A better reason for why the driveway is there is for vehicular circulation, which is also amendable.

I haven't contacted the sales office but on liberty's site, registration is closed - MEANING - Most likely the first phase is sold out or very few units left. They did the same thing with WORLD ON YONGE so im assuming its the same situation here. Most likely all sales came from brokers/agents.

Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead. Noticed, driving by, that this development is going a head full steam. Lots of madness on Highway 7 with all the updates to the infastructure.

ROYAL-GARDENS-02-09-2012-2.jpg

ROYAL-GARDENS-02-09-2012-1.jpg

Back