News   Mar 28, 2024
 336     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 347     0 

Rocky Horror Picture Show ?

DC83

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm just curious as to whether or not there are any Pro or Amateur productions of The Rocky Horror Picture Show scheduled for this Halloween season?

rockyhorror.jpg

source

Back in Hamilton, there was an old-school screening at the Tivoli where attendees would dress up as their favourite characters, throw rice, light lighters, etc... you know, the traditional way of seeing RHPS.

A couple years back, I took my Mom to a full-cast musical production at the Sony Centre on Front St. That was also just before Halloween.

I would love to take in an authentic screening, or better yet, production of the show this month so if ANYone can help me out (even if it's just community productions), PLEASE let me know!

Thanks everyone, and happy haunting! .. or Crossdressing or whatever it is you do on Halloween ;)

I saw the movie Rocky Horror more times than I'll admit to here back in the 70's & early 80's at the Roxy out on the Danforth, such fun memories there. The movie with audience participation will be playing over Halloween weekend at the Bloor Cinema, Bloor just east of Bathurst. I've never seen it there but I hear that they do a good job with the participation & stage show during the film. I think they normally do a late show on Friday or Saturday nights once a month there. I haven't seen anything regarding a live stage version anywhere in the city.

http://bloorcinema.com/schedule/

I saw the movie Rocky Horror more times than I'll admit to here back in the 70's & early 80's at the Roxy out on the Danforth, such fun memories there. The movie with audience participation will be playing over Halloween weekend at the Bloor Cinema, Bloor just east of Bathurst. I've never seen it there but I hear that they do a good job with the participation & stage show during the film. I think they normally do a late show on Friday or Saturday nights once a month there. I haven't seen anything regarding a live stage version anywhere in the city.

http://bloorcinema.com/schedule/

Thanks for the info, I appreicate it!

ROCKY HORROR IS PLAYING LIVE IN TORONTO THIS HALLOWEEN!!!

The Lower Ossington Theatre is presenting THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW, LIVE ON STAGE!

The show is being presented to help raise funds for the continued operation of the Lower Ossington Theatre, so while You're having a great time doing the Time Warp and yelling obscenities at the actors on stage (which is encouraged) you'll be helping to support Toronto's theatre community.

SHOW DATES/TIMES:
Thursday, Oct. 28 @ 8pm
Friday, Oct. 28 @ 8pm & 11pm
Saturday, Oct. 30 @ 8:30pm & 11pm
HALLOWEEN SHOW Sunday, Oct 31 @ 7pm

Tickets available at www.lowerossingtontheatre.com or by calling 416-915-6747 x 222

Is that the movie screening with performers also on stage, or an actual stage production of the musical?

The show is the live stage musical. We pay homage to the film while bring the original 1973 stage version to life. just like the movie, we encourage the callbacks. It's almost better with the live show because you'll have the chance to yell at the actors live on the stage!

Hallowe'en Screening and Party for Rocky Horror film on Sunday, Oct. 30, 2011!!!

Yes, there's a screening of the Rocky Horror Picture Show and masquerade party planned for Sunday, Oct. 30, 2011 at 8 p.m. at Studio 561 Gallery at 561 Bloor Street West, Toronto. Cost is $10 cash at the door if you're wearing a costume and $15 cash if you're not wearing a costume.

For more information, see http://www.meetup.com/artenthusiasts/events/38700752/

The Toronto Underground cinema has been screening it all weekend concluding tonight (Oct. 31st) at 7:00 & 9:30 in 35MM and with the shadow cast. The cinema is located on Spadina Ave., 1 block north of Queen on the west side of the street (186 Spadina).

Back