News   Apr 18, 2024
 558     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 4.5K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.2K     4 

Roads: Ontario/GTA Highways Discussion

Regarding the Bradford Bypass (400 - 404 Link), what do u think the route number will be...
I suspect it will be numbered Highway 488 based on the parallel former Highway 88. Just my assumption
8A327C2E-4A87-4C77-96E9-F5A4ED7D8397.jpeg

Highway 88 is forgotten by the younger generation now. Why not try to fill in the gap, highway 414 or 419?
You have a point, but a lot of people still refer to the highway as “Highway 88”, and even if people forget about it being a former provincial highway it would still be logical to number it as that

I dont think it will be numbered that based on filling a number gap... but u are not wrong, im sure many young people dont know about the highway’s past

They assigned the number 418 to the connector highway near Courtice and Bowmanville, even though provincial highway 18 is(was) between Windsor and Leamington.

They assigned the number 418 to the connector highway near Courtice and Bowmanville, even though provincial highway 18 is(was) between Windsor and Leamington.
Yes... I read they numbered it the 418 because it was unlikely to cause conflict with any current or future potential 400-series highway.

Yes... I read they numbered it the 418 because it was unlikely to cause conflict with any current or future potential 400-series highway.
Who knows in the future if there will be a freeway linking Windsor with Leamington with a bridge (or more likely several bridges) over Lake Erie to Sandusky, OH? It could be at least a century from now.

Did we ever get any update on what Ford promised for the 401 and QEW? I seem to recall he boasted there was something big in the offing.

Did we ever get any update on what Ford promised for the 401 and QEW? I seem to recall he boasted there was something big in the offing.
Some big projects are happening on 401, although not sure he can really take credit for these.
Widening Mississauga-Milton express/collector
Widening west of London something like 130km from 4 to 6 lanes

QEW: Credit River bridge is being twinned in Mississauga, but this has been in the works for a long time.

Some big projects are happening on 401, although not sure he can really take credit for these.
Widening Mississauga-Milton express/collector
Widening west of London something like 130km from 4 to 6 lanes

QEW: Credit River bridge is being twinned in Mississauga, but this has been in the works for a long time.
The only one of those that are a PC initiative is the 6 laning from Windsor to London.

If anything the Credit River bridge has been delayed by them since they decided to make it a P3. MTO was just about to issue a traditional tender for it, now it's been given to IO with 1+ year until tender is issued.

The PCs also promised to 6 lane the 401 out to Montreal during the election, though there hasn't been any movement on that one.

There may still be more announcements too, They announced widening Highway 3 to Leamington only a week ago or so.

The only one of those that are a PC initiative is the 6 laning from Windsor to London.

If anything the Credit River bridge has been delayed by them since they decided to make it a P3. MTO was just about to issue a traditional tender for it, now it's been given to IO with 1+ year until tender is issued.

The PCs also promised to 6 lane the 401 out to Montreal during the election, though there hasn't been any movement on that one.

There may still be more announcements too, They announced widening Highway 3 to Leamington only a week ago or so.
The work taking place on the London-Windsor section today is still rebuilding the existing 2 lanes to 2 lanes with upgrade to safety barriers.

Anywhere can get construction update for Hwy400 HOV lanes? It looks most of part are done and it could be opened this or next year.

Back