News   Apr 22, 2024
 798     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 267     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 673     0 

Roads: GTA West Corridor—Highway 413

Yeah, that highway 427 extension is useless from the Caledon perspective because, to get there you have to try and survive on an awful stretch of highway 50 filled with tons of trucks.
If you think the 427 extension was to serve the people of Caledon, then I have news for you. Take a look at all the massive commercial/industrial development along the new highway, and that should confirm whose influence got that highway approved.

If you think the 427 extension was to serve the people of Caledon, then I have news for you. Take a look at all the massive commercial/industrial development along the new highway, and that should confirm whose influence got that highway approved.

It looks like there are proposals for a new arterial road (A2) and the widening of Coleraine Drive to move trucks to the extended Hwy 427. The issue is timeline, so perhaps lobby Regional Councillors to start the build earlier.
https://www.brampton.ca/EN/resident...nd-Projects/Pages/Area-47-Arterial-Roads.aspx

New arterial to access Major Mac

The ultimate condition of a freeway interchange on Highway 50 at Major Mack is still hilarious to me. All it shows is that the 427 needs to be extended. They should really be including a half-interchange at Nashville Road as a part of the 413.. but they aren't, for some reason.

The ultimate condition of a freeway interchange on Highway 50 at Major Mack is still hilarious to me. All it shows is that the 427 needs to be extended. They should really be including a half-interchange at Nashville Road as a part of the 413.. but they aren't, for some reason.
Ultimately a grade separated junction is proposed. But only "when traffic delays become nearly intolerable (anticipated by 2041)." :rolleyes:

1652797857324.png

https://www.brampton.ca/EN/resident...ry Preferred Design - Ultimate Condition.pdf

Seems to me that Major Mac should just be extended west since Peel doesn't already have a east-west road in that location. I really don't get this convoluted plan. If people are driving west on Major Mac, why take them north?

Seems to me that Major Mac should just be extended west since Peel doesn't already have a east-west road in that location. I really don't get this convoluted plan. If people are driving west on Major Mac, why take them north?
because a lot / most traffic getting off the 427 is going to Bolton.

Looping up Major Mack to meet Coleraine Drive would address a lot of that traffic and avoid forced left turns to access the 427.

As to why Major Mack is getting turned north and terminating at Mayfield instead of connecting to Coleraine, I don't know..

Poll out about provincial election issues from BILD - interestingly, 78% of respondents listed supporting the construction of new roads and highways in the GTA. This is higher than individual polls have indicated for support of the 413 itself - but shows that Ford is hitting the mark on the "highways" pitch of the election.

Last edited:
My biggest complaint with the highway is the removal of the Coleraine Drive interchange.

View attachment 401787
You can thank City of Brampton for approving those development plans. At least the Humber Station interchange won’t be too far away. But I guess the quickest access for Bolton to Hwy 427 will still be highway 50.

until the highway 427 extension, that is

Now the question - can Ford get this to construction by 2026?

There's still the matter of the Federal EA......

The EA could, in theory nix the highway, but it could simply impose conditions that make it undesirable to pursue. (here's hoping!)

Back