News   Mar 28, 2024
 49     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Roads: GTA West Corridor—Highway 413

Will it in future meet 404? Province's intent aside, is it feasible to building it further to meet 404 and extend further to meet 412 in future?

Will it in future meet 404? Province's intent aside, is it feasible to building it further to meet 404 and extend further to meet 412 in future?
It will be difficult. Extending it might be possible until about Bathurst Street, but after that you hit core suburbia, and unless you want to destroy 10y/o neighborhoods, you're going to have a gap between Bathurst and Bayview at least.

Those overbuilt crossings in Windsor were a waste of money, considering it's only the fringes of Windsor. I think they were a bone thrown at Nimbys who opposed the extension outright.

As someone who lives in Windsor, I can assure you that they were not a waste of money. It may be on the fringes, but it allowed for a huge green space and trail system to be created along the 401 corridor, and it is easily the nicest one in Windsor by a longshot.

Such a solution can definitely work elsewhere. I hope more areas do the same.

Uh... Are Brampton and the Province in communication with each other? Why does Brampton seem to be saying the GTA West Corridor isn't happening, while Ontario says it is?

Brampton has significantly outpaced population projections.
^ Brampton staff have said that the boulevard could move a similar volume of traffic just at slightly lower speeds. Also, the argue that the boulevard proposal provides more at-grade choices for traffic to use through its grid pattern. In the Heritage Heights Study area, only two interchanges were proposed for the GTA West.

I believe this is a similar argument to the one City of Toronto staff made for the Gardiner East choice.
Brampton staff argued that number of trips handled mattered more than volume.
The amount of traffic lights in that city, makes me want to bang my head into a wall. These stupid morons at city hall only care about building goddamn houses and give no shits about its clogged up road network.

This plan the city is moving forward with defeats the whole purpose of this highway, and it pisses me off.

let me know what you think.
The only way out for the City of Brampton is transit.
Uh... Are Brampton and the Province in communication with each other? Why does Brampton seem to be saying the GTA West Corridor isn't happening, while Ontario says it is?
Brampton sees the GTA West Corridor as a boulevard, the provincial government sees it as a 400 series highway.

^ Yes but they also said what I reported, albeit in a stakeholder meeting and not in a public meeting.

This boulevard proposal reminds me why i hate driving In Brampton, its such a miserable experience. When i first discovered the GTA west proposal, i thought it was amazing, it would make going south into the gta more enjoyable than what it is now.

I hope the government tells Brampton to forget this asinine proposal.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yes but they also said what I reported, albeit in a stakeholder meeting and not in a public meeting.
I was also there for stakeholder meetings, both multiple in person ones, and electronic ones. They argued it moved more cars, because the trips were shorter, and as such, even if the throughput is lower, more distinct people were moved.

^ That's fine but they also used the language I reported above in an invite only stakeholder meeting.

Back