News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.8K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 576     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Ridiculous comments and claims made by City Councillors

I'm disappointed but not terribly surprised by Brad Bradford, who I thought would be a middle-of-the-road centrist, where he's come across as a Tory stooge so far. Maybe it was the campaigning Tory did on his behalf to help win a very tight race. He's also hard beating the drums for term limits, claiming it opens the door to diversity and new ideas, forgetting to mention that he won with the support of the incumbent and the mayor, and there's hardly a whiter name than Brad Bradford.

But remember how insufferable Josh Matlow was in the first year of the Ford mayoralty, thinking he could bring both sides together by playing the naive centrist? That got old fast, and Matlow smartened up since. Maybe once he gets more comfortable, Bradford could improve and be more independent. Maybe.

But remember how insufferable Josh Matlow was in the first year of the Ford mayoralty, thinking he could bring both sides together by playing the naive centrist? That got old fast, and Matlow smartened up since. Maybe once he gets more comfortable, Bradford could improve and be more independent. Maybe.

Doubtful - unlike Ford, Tory is the hand that does feed.

AoD

Criticizing a councilor on twitter is hardly harassment. Why are conservatives such snowflakes?
If I had a nickel for the number of times I have seen harassment being used as a term to discredit twitter criticism by (mostly) leftwing pundits and politicians I would be a millionaire by now. And wasn't there a court case about this topic involving some Toronto politics related people where someone literally got arrested over critical tweets?

On a less hyperbolic note since I don't really believe that harassment is the proper term and was using it more to troll this forum. Bradford posted a positive message encouraging public help in improving their community and making things easier for city staff. Instead of praise for this the peanut gallery on twitter and this forum decided to spin it into a political attack. I find it appalling but I 100% respect your right to do it.

Councillor Robinson moves to make sure houses with secondary suites don’t have two front doors. “This maintains the character of our neighbourhoods,” she says.

D2xM7KGUgAE5Q-q.jpg

From link.

Wonder if that "entrance" includes the double (triple, quad) garage doors?

Last edited:
In other news, Councillor Robinson's efforts to make sure nothing ever changes continues with her latest useless, vapid vision zero initiative.

It's hard to tell, as the video switches views just as the pedestrian reaches the crossing, and it's obscured by the house bricks.
The car may have come to a full stop at the 9.5 second mark. When he was going, it was likely hard to tell if the pedestrian was turning right, or going straight. It also can't be known if the pedestrian came to any type of stop or continued in full stride.
Video evidence is inconclusive.

It doesn't look like the car came to a full stop, but it is impossible to see if what the pedestrian did before starting to cross. Rage on both sides.

Councillor Robinson moves to make sure houses with secondary suites don’t have two front doors. “This maintains the character of our neighbourhoods,” she says.

D2xM7KGUgAE5Q-q.jpg

From link.

How about ZERO front doors for humans?

iu

From link.

Look like only one front door for humans and many, many, many doors for cars is okay.

Screen-Shot-2014-09-24-at-2.15.05-PM.png

From link.

People are surprised that city council votes for over regulation on silly things like the number of front doors a house is allowed to have?
I was much more surprised that the demolition of a house (the Barry and Honey Sherman house) went to (community) Council to decide. Was this not possible for a City worker to decide.
The only way I could see council getting involved is if the city bureaucrats says no, and council is in the appeal process.

I was much more surprised that the demolition of a house (the Barry and Honey Sherman house) went to (community) Council to decide. Was this not possible for a City worker to decide.
The only way I could see council getting involved is if the city bureaucrats says no, and council is in the appeal process.
I think that Staff can give permission for a residential demolition ONLY if a new/replacement residential building is part of the plan. In this case I think it was ONLY a demolition so Community Council had to approve. It is supposed to stop residential demolitions when no new/replacement is planned. Not a totally stupid idea.

D2xM7KGUgAE5Q-q.jpg

From link.

Apparently Cllr Robinson defended this incident by stating "This isn't banned! You can still get a second front door through the CoA !!!"

Yeah, because the CoA is legible to the average resident....

Apparently Cllr Robinson defended this incident by stating "This isn't banned! You can still get a second front door through the CoA !!!"

Yeah, because the CoA is legible to the average resident....

CoA?

The Canadian Orthopaedic Association or the Toronto Committee of Adjustment? Tough choice. Both pains in the back.

Last edited:

Back