News   Mar 28, 2024
 983     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 554     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 846     0 

Ridiculous comments and claims made by City Councillors

Chicago city council has 50 aldermen and their population is similar to ours. Another example is NYC, but they have a much bigger population.

I swear Toronto's got too many councillors. I'm looking at a picture of this bozo and he doesn't look familiar at all. Frankly I don't even know who my councillor is after McConnell's passing. Not saying this in any fiscal way, but I wouldn't mind ridding ourselves of a bunch and increasing ward sizes. Just so it's easier to follow who's who. We should still have significant local representation, perhaps by way of non-elected official representatives that focus on finer-grained needs/growth/development/etc. But ultimately +40 elected officials...it's a lot. And it's as if only the stupidest or loudest get themselves in the news.
we have 311 that takes carte of complainants. The problem is councillors office not directing residents to it to justify their "work" and keeping or adding councillors to service residents.. Even the city website under questions pertaining to water and utility directs one to call 3111. Its only the councillors that live in areas of development that are truly busy and again not busy with garbage or mundane issues

we have 311 that takes carte of complainants. The problem is councillors office not directing residents to it to justify their "work" and keeping or adding councillors to service residents.. Even the city website under questions pertaining to water and utility directs one to call 3111. Its only the councillors that live in areas of development that are truly busy and again not busy with garbage or mundane issues
I am a fan of 311 but they do not actually fix anything, they send reports to the appropriate City Departments with instructions to 'get onto it". Sometimes this has no effect and sometimes one DOES need someone (a Councillor) to get things done. Of course, some councillors are busier than others but the new structure with more equally size Wards may help. I have no real problem with 44 (or 47) Councillors but if one had fewer (larger) Wards then the councillors' staffing levels would need to be increased and not spread equally among all Councillors. One problem that is seldom talked about is that after an election any defeated Councillors can (and often do) shred everything in sight so that their successor and their (new) staff have to start everything again from scratch. Anything sent to a Councillor's Office should be considered 'official City documents' and thus preserved.

Nah, @pman, I'm alright. I don't use the subway, when I travel no one cares where I'm from, my commute's easy enough, and I have nothing tying me down here, there, or anywhere. Cheers for the ray of hope and sunshine though, on behalf of those who are a bit....tied.

Nah, @pman, I'm alright. I don't use the subway, when I travel no one cares where I'm from, my commute's easy enough, and I have nothing tying me down here, there, or anywhere. Cheers for the ray of hope and sunshine though, on behalf of those who are a bit....tied.
Fly and be free, my friend. Fly and be free.

Is he aware he is talking about his own constituents?

Like, he is telling the people who vote for him to transfer to a different line that is out of their way...

The solution is an express line diverting from Eglinton, eventually running under Bay St, with stops at Bloor, Queen and Union. But maybe that's more of a Shelbyville idea.

Is he aware he is talking about his own constituents?

Like, he is telling the people who vote for him to transfer to a different line that is out of their way...

Most of his constituents, like myself, already take the Univesty Line. Ward 10 is closer to University than Yonge.

Couldn't happen to a better person - well maybe except some of his Etobicoke cronies! Why does Etobicoke seem to be infested with useless and possibly criminal, councillors?
Don’t be so hard on Etobicoke, my friend. Remember how much heavy lifting North York does on this thread. Need I remind you of Mammo, Pasternak, Shiner and JimmyK? Surely they each take the useless dial to eleven.

Don’t be so hard on Etobicoke, my friend. Remember how much heavy lifting North York does on this thread. Need I remind you of Mammo, Pasternak, Shiner and JimmyK? Surely they each take the useless dial to eleven.
Ward 7 goes west of Islington. For all intensive porpoises Giorgio is an honorary Etobicokian.

Back