Toronto Richmond Adelaide Centre: EY Tower | 188.05m | 40s | Oxford Properties | Kohn Pedersen Fox

So it is still the same height as the old one but has the modern floor heights that are required for a modern office building like this.

But why lower the floor count?

Because the original floor heights are unsuited for "Class A" office space. So they're keeping the general lines of the building, but altering the floor proportions--much as they did w/the Chapman + Oxley building at Bay-Adelaide.

Yes, this has been an "issue" in the heritage community, ever since the first chew-up-and-regurgitate scheme for the Concourse was unveiled in '99.

I fixed the pictures so you suckers don't have to crank your necks anymore. Myeah, see!

View attachment 10310View attachment 10311View attachment 10312

thanks for posting these! really like the look of the entire complex from the south! I do think the tower should have been designed to taper towards NPS. (also to reduce the bulkiness on the east/west sides), but the north/south side is impressive.

I'm telling yall right now, this is gonna be our One Bryant Park :D

I'm telling yall right now, this is gonna be our One Bryant Park :D

The cladding only, hopefully. That building is really odd looking, and its angles are not flattering from most perspectives. The odd, asymmetric spire adds to the incoherence.

Last edited:
Based on the models posted on the last page, I'm guessing that this will come in a little over 180 metres. Any one have any knowledge regarding the height?

I think that's just a quickly executed part of the rendering. I believe that all of the heritage elements are required to be put back. Some that would be hidden by the new building will be relocated.

Based on the models posted on the last page, I'm guessing that this will come in a little over 180 metres. Any one have any knowledge regarding the height?

Hmm, 1 York at 35 stories is 174 meters,
i think this at 40s with the extra tall roof element might be more like 190-195 meters...but then again, BAC-2 at 44s will be 196 meters

I like how the West entrance will have access to the shared courtyard. Does anyone know if the other two neighbouring buildings are owned or managed by Oxford?

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5H 1S3

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 138599 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Mar 22, 2013

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Interior Demolition

Description: Proposal to demolish interior partition walls on floors 2 thru 16 of existing non residential building. See 12 298093 STE for future proposal related to this property.

Back