Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

I remember CityTV used to show traffic on the Gardiner from that cam, as they put it "From the 112th floor of the CN Tower".

Great shots androiduk but I must ask... Why do all your posts have underscored words in them? In this day and age of the Internet, underscored words means its a hotlink to another web page... I get fooled into clicking on your words again and again but it never goes anywhere...LOL What's up with the underscored words?

from businesstraveller.com.........

Ritz-Carlton Toronto to open in February

Published: 01/12/2010 - Filed under: News »

Ritz-Carlton is to open a 267-room property in Toronto in February.

Housed in a new 53-floor tower on Wellington Street, between the city’s financial and entertainment districts, the hotel will take up the first 20 floors while the remaining levels will be given over to Ritz-Carlton residences.

Rooms will start from 42 sqm and will be contemporary in décor, with floor-to-ceiling windows providing either city or lake views. They will come equipped with 42-inch flatscreen TVs, Bose stereos with an iPod dock, DVD players, and marble bathrooms with a separate tub and rainshower and a TV built into the mirror.

The five-floor Podium part of the building, which juts out from the main tower, will house a 2,100 sqm spa on its top level. This will have 16 treatment rooms, a pool, 24-hour gym, yoga studio, men’s and women’s relaxation areas, sauna and steam rooms, and an outdoor terrace.

The Podium will also be home to a restaurant offering Canadian cuisine, a bar, lounge and 1,900 sqm of meeting space, including two ballrooms. A 24-hour business centre will feature a boarding pass machine.

The Club floor will be on the 20th level and include a 24-hour lounge offering five food and drink presentations a day, free wifi and a dedicated concierge. To upgrade to the Club floor will cost about CA$100 (£63) extra per night, with standard room rates starting from CA$495 (£311).

The hotel will also be offering a free chauffeur drop-off service within a 3km radius.

Ritz-Carlton will add two other properties to its portfolio early next year – in January it will open a 341-room hotel next to Dubai’s International Financial Centre, while March will see the launch of a 312-room hotel in Hong Kong’s Kowloon.

The group recently launched a new loyalty scheme, Ritz-Carlton Rewards (see online news September 15), offering members ten points or two airline miles for every US dollar spent on room rates at Ritz-Carlton and Marriott properties.

Visit ritzcarlton.com for more information.

comparison between photos i took in january and photos i took today.

JANUARY 14th, 2010:

5229942483_0b4489cfe6_b.jpg

TODAY (DECEMBER 3, 2010)

5229932119_c2f3d469e7_b.jpg

JANUARY 14th 2010

5230535498_2302fa5b4c_b.jpg

TODAY (DECEMBER 3, 2010)

5230536408_4465f60684_b.jpg

5229944893_d694d654f6_b.jpg

5230538304_802207b56f_b.jpg

JEEZ! This thing looks like it's ready to open any day now! (at least the podium parts!)
I really like the (steel?) columns at the base of the podium. it's a really welcoming feel!

I love how some of your shots focused on its design features like the vented inset sections, etc... you really highlighted some of the things that make this tower so great.

I could see myself walking into those doors under the Residences of the Ritz.

Looks pretty sweet.

I must admit, I like the podium more than the tower part. The whole thing looks inviting.

wow the elevator entrances look amazing! Just think what the hotel and sky lobbies must look like!

wow the elevator entrances look amazing! Just think what the hotel and sky lobbies must look like!

I think the word your looking for is "SWEET".

No Question, it is impressive and I am sure the other lobby will be at least comparable or even more so.

I am guessing that the ceiling height won't be as high but the landing probably much larger at the sky lobby.

But my real question is: who hangs around the lobby anyway. It is always empty in most buildings so I think the ground floor one does what it should. Makes a grand statement that you are arriving at a "Luxurious residence".

I give them a 10/10 for the appearance of this lobby.

Reminds me of the opulent condo lobbies in NYC and Chicago's gold cost, with the sound of oooo's and aaaa's from gazers passing by :)

Back