Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

I don't think Name was worried about the speed... I think he was referring to the "No use of mobile handsets while driving" law. That includes, cell phones, GPS devices, MP3 players AND CAMERAS!

:p

I don't think Name was worried about the speed... I think he was referring to the "No use of mobile handsets while driving" law. That includes, cell phones, GPS devices, MP3 players AND CAMERAS!

:p

Yeah, but if that's what Name meant, why was the 90 km/h referenced? It's completely irrelevant in that case.

quit tussling mens. I'm not even sure what i meant.
I think i was just a bit surprised. Isn't the speed limit 100kph? 90 is too slow and might cause an accident and stuff -i was thinking, right? never mind.

plus, i just say stuff first then think. Sorry.
I just did it again!

look, bottom line is I like the shot.

It wasn't indicated whether the person who took the photo at 90 km/h (the speed limit on the Gardiner) was the driver or a passenger. Maybe it's common knowledge that sammo at SSC lives on the wild side, but I doubt it...

Time for another photo update of the Ritz's upper reaches, with new details seen below:

RitzRoofworkMay26.jpg

Note that opaque panels are now being put in place on the slanted roof of the north fin. Also note the vertically ribbed cladding at the top of the zipper. I am not certain that it is as high now as it will eventually go, but I believe so as it hides the mechanical floor, and provides a parapet wall for the window washing equipment level... and I hope it stays that way as I think it looks quite good. I also hope the see-through portion of the north fin will remain too - it looks very cool from below!

forget that artsy trivial stuff,
check out the little work mens on the crest of the lower roof section! i bet that's a "NO BANANA PEELS" zone up there.

lol! Sammo is known for his shots taken while driving on the highway!!! :D

Great observations/shot of the Ritz, 42 :D I sure do hope the jagged cladding fills in the space nicely! I like how complex the top of the building looks with the zipper, penthouse terrace, slanted roof, etc... :D

notice those little workers standing on the slanted roof!!! DON'T SLIDE DOWN!!!! (seriously... its a dangerous job)

by me

[video=youtube;eB5qDb0SZW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB5qDb0SZW4[/video]

[video=youtube;9k_DV2dUsf4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k_DV2dUsf4[/video]

Last edited:
quit tussling mens. I'm not even sure what i meant.
I think i was just a bit surprised. Isn't the speed limit 100kph? 90 is too slow and might cause an accident and stuff -i was thinking, right? never mind.

plus, i just say stuff first then think. Sorry.
I just did it again!

look, bottom line is I like the shot.
No, the speed limit is 90 on this portion of the highway.

Time for another photo update of the Ritz's upper reaches, with new details seen below:

RitzRoofworkMay26.jpg

Note that opaque panels are now being put in place on the slanted roof of the north fin. Also note the vertically ribbed cladding at the top of the zipper. I am not certain that it is as high now as it will eventually go, but I believe so as it hides the mechanical floor, and provides a parapet wall for the window washing equipment level... and I hope it stays that way as I think it looks quite good. I also hope the see-through portion of the north fin will remain too - it looks very cool from below!

The original elevation shows the "vertically ribbed cladding at the top of the zipper" reaching the very top of the inclined roof (same angle as the roof incline).

The original elevation shows the "vertically ribbed cladding at the top of the zipper" reaching the very top of the inclined roof (same angle as the roof incline).

the ribbed cladding will look lower than the roof though as it is recessed deeper in... So unless you're looking straight at it from 50 or so stories, there will always look like there is a bit of a gap... I don't mind it though... it looks futuristic :)

Amazing shots of the Ritz cal!
The first shot looks really great but i don't like how apparent the white columns are and how they sorta end where the mechanical section is...

The 2nd shot is a keeper! It looks so classy there by the sunset :D

glad you liked it.. here is another one I just uploaded..

sany1072.jpg

[video=youtube;LnlMxZq7e30]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnlMxZq7e30[/video]

Last edited:

Back