Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

got a shot of the podium too!!

sany1425.jpg

The glass on this tower isn't green. I am so sick of people saying that.

It would've been nice if the "zipper" was a black vent-style pattern, but I am satisfied. It's quite a graceful tower.

Well according to articles we've seen on here, the tower portion has pretty much the most transparent glass you can get.

The podium has a frosted green/grey tinge to it, yes, but the tower? No way.

Well according to articles we've seen on here, the tower portion has pretty much the most transparent glass you can get.

The podium has a frosted green/grey tinge to it, yes, but the tower? No way.

BS... :) <- regarding the "most transparent glass you can get" ... but that's not a bad thing anyway.

I should point something out, it does look a bit green in pictures but in person not so much, also the building has turned out somewhat close to the rendering - the front of the building is actually very close to the render.

I'm not disappointed in that, my comment was just my overall attitude toward the entire project given what I see in pictures - and more importantly walking by in person.

the building is not even finished yet
nice and far from nice are subjective with regards to measuring the standards of a skyscraper
the final judge of this building will be time..

It doesn't matter if it's finished or not. Enough is in place to tell that the finished product won't be redeeming. The only portion of the tower that looks alright is the front. The entire back is a mess.

It doesn't matter if it's finished or not. Enough is in place to tell that the finished product won't be redeeming.

What does that mean exactly?

If you mean it has no redeeming value, that is a matter of opinion. At the very least, it filled another arid parking lot.

As for my opinion, I quite like it and look forward to see how it gets topped out.

It doesn't matter if it's finished or not. Enough is in place to tell that the finished product won't be redeeming. The only portion of the tower that looks alright is the front. The entire back is a mess.

Kind of how like how many feel about your presence here?

Last edited:
^ ProjectEnd Rimshot! Nice one Nigel... :D

A toast to thread participants...!
whine.jpg

Other than the ill-conceived use of precast on the hotel and a quibble or two re: the use of a bit of colour in the (originally planned) transparent glass (the change was reported here long ago in an interview excerpt), the Ritz is living up to every promise.... even its renders. ;-)

It will indeed be one of the finest 'scrapers in the country upon completion (that's when the building has finished construction).

P.S. nice towering shot Cal... can't believe we have all those mech floors (the slope back to the top) still to go...

Last edited:

Back