Markham Remington Centre | ?m | 33s | Remington Group | Kohn

And that story is from February 17, 2016, so the question is well timed. Apparently a Steeles Avenue transport study should be done in six months, which is one more hurdle it will have jumped, but yes, it looks like it may be the fractured ownership of Pacific Mall which is holding the redevelopment up more than anything else.

And that story is from February 17, 2016, so the question is well timed. Apparently a Steeles Avenue transport study should be done in six months, which is one more hurdle it will have jumped, but yes, it looks like it may be the fractured ownership of Pacific Mall which is holding the redevelopment up more than anything else.

Ah. Pacific Mall is a condo retail development? That would make sense.

My family often frequents this mall.

It was inevitable McDonald's packed up.

its not just mcdonalds thats scheduled to pack up its everyone in market village is what I've heard, everyone needs to move out by Sept 2017 thats when demolition starts.

Also this new article, shows shopping malls to start construction in 2017 and it shows a Pacific mall extension plus the remington centre

http://www.constructconnect.com/blo...ntre-construction-projects-canada-march-2017/

It's September 2017 now. I was just there yesterday and most of the vendors are still there. Some vendors have moved out though. Many of the food court vendors are gone, but most of the other vendors are still there. The two grocery stores are still in operation. Curry's art supply store outside has already moved to downtown Markham and McDonald's moved out some time ago. I believe the wheels have been set in motion though.

When the old Don Mills Shopping Centre closed to make way for the Shops At Don Mills, it died a very slow death as the various store leases expired. I'm not sure if that's the way it's going to happen here too. The usually very busy mall was much quieter and there was parking readily available throughout.

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-stor...nt-stalls-markham-retail-hub-s-redevelopment/

Looks like issues with getting agreements from the P-Mall and its wide range of owners. Plus the Steeles Avenue grade seperation project seems to thrown a bit of an additional wrench in it.

This may well be a primary source of delay. The project only got clearance to go ahead on July 7, 2017. It will require some property, a permanent easement and relocation of existing access from Steeles Avenue.

From the Plan and Profile appendix:

upload_2017-9-11_9-57-14.png

upload_2017-9-11_9-58-41.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-11_9-57-14.png
    upload_2017-9-11_9-57-14.png
    426.6 KB · Views: 576
  • upload_2017-9-11_9-58-41.png
    upload_2017-9-11_9-58-41.png
    400.7 KB · Views: 555
It is interesting that the Steeles rail separation construction will happen at the same time...

There was one final free show yesterday to celebrate the closing of Market Village, I didn't go but I heard it was a great show :)

Back