News   Apr 24, 2024
 390     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 431     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 779     1 

Regis College Expansion (Queen's Park E @ Wellesley St W, 2s, Larkin)

ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I noticed this today at University and Wellesley. I'm not sure if there's already a thread but this can be merged if there is.

Tuesday%20Walk%20015.jpg

Tuesday%20Walk%20020.jpg

yep. u of t never lets me down. no facadism. no destruction. no stucco. public space. student space.

That's a great render in the first pic. Seems sort of small for an addition though. I'll have to swing by this area and check it out... not tomorrow though, brrrrrr.

I noticed this today at University and Wellesley. I'm not sure if there's already a thread but this can be merged if there is.

Just a little nit-pick. There is no "University & Wellesley". University becomes Queen's Park Crescent after College St, and Avenue Road after Bloor. So It should be Queen's Park & Wellesley :)

Buttcon is handling the construction on this one if someone wants to put that in the title. I'll go by and check who the architects, engineers, etc. are tomorrow.

We don't put construction firms' names into the title, just location, developer, storeys, designer(s).

ah... I initially thought they were just taking over the Christie mansion, but it looks like they're taking over the whole St Joseph's college building too. Had many good times here a few years ago when it was a St Mike's all-girl residence :D I had to be snuck past the live-in nuns at night.

The change from the wooden to standard aluminium and glass door made it look really institutional - as in resembling a hospital entrance. And if they have to use aluminium doors, couldn't they have at least used ones where the frame isn't so wide and clashing terribly with the rest of the mullions?

AoD

Back