Toronto Regent Park Athletic Grounds | ?m | ?s | MLSE | BBB

Nothing quite pulls on the heart strings of a Liberal like a public-private partnership aimed at improving a marginalized neighborhood populated mostly by new Canadians. I'm pretty sure that ticks off many of the boxes on the 'for any problem, there is likely a government-led solution' list.

Nothing quite pulls on the heart strings of a Liberal like a public-private partnership aimed at improving a marginalized neighborhood populated mostly by new Canadians. I'm pretty sure that ticks off many of the boxes on the 'for any problem, there is likely a government-led solution' list.

It's publicly owned land and buildings, and the public authority turned to the private sector to help revitalize them. Do you actually have a substantive issue with the revitalization, or are you just grinding political axes?

Last edited:
It's publicly owned land and buildings, and the public authority turned to the private sector to help revitalize them. Do you actually have a substantive issue with the revitalization, or are you just grinding political axes?
You've misinterpreted me--I was actually celebrating the public-private partnership here. Sure, in a somewhat facetious way. But hey, there's a sentimental Liberal deep inside me who loves this kind of stuff.

Edit: to further clarify--the heart-strings being pulled were mine, not those of someone I'm mocking.

You've misinterpreted me--I was actually celebrating the public-private partnership here. Sure, in a somewhat facetious way. But hey, there's a sentimental Liberal deep inside me who loves this kind of stuff.

Edit: to further clarify--the heart-strings being pulled were mine, not those of someone I'm mocking.

Fair enough. Sometimes hard to convey tone and intent through these posts.

Back