News   Mar 28, 2024
 317     0 

Redoing UT / looking for designer

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
We plan to modernize UT this year including making it fully mobile friendly. SkyriseCities will be a partial model for this. Look forward to your comments.

Also, we are currently looking for a designer for this endeavour. We have the coding person so just the graphics. They would be working together. Contract work for it and SRC. Pass on any names or put out the word to those you know that we are looking. They can email me directly at edward@urbantoronto.ca.

Thanks.

Ed

Like I just wrote in the polls section, allow us to sign in via our SM accounts like twitter, fb, instagram etc. Be inspired by what Google's doing with Android M--the most advanced UX imo. Or design UT more like a social media site and less like a forum. Integrate the database/search with google and please use google maps--Apple Maps suck. Apps going forward will be multipurpose--is it possible to have an UT app?

BuzzBuzzHome's front page is nice, but their forum is weak --please don't copy them exceed them!

Last edited:
XenForo software (which UT uses) allows users to log in via their social media accounts. It can be configured to allow such logins. How do I know? I am a mod on a XenForo-powered forum that allows social media logins.

Not just that, but UT should have its own wiki as well. This way, users can edit the database pertaining to new condo developments or new subway/LRT stations. To prevent vandalism though, only logged-in users can edit it and it would be under pending changes, such that only edits approved by mods and admins would show to the public.

This would allow users to collaborate with each other to build up the database quickly and accurately. It would be like Wikipedia, but minus the drama and with extra focus on Toronto-related projects in greater detail than Wikipedia would allow.

Back