News   Apr 16, 2024
 285     0 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 718     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 485     3 

Red Hot Condos (Don Mills & Lawrence E., Camrost-Felcorp, 9s, Atkins) COMPLETE

nothing RED HOT about it's exterior that's for sure.

I agree with you cdr108 ~ to me this building simply adds density to the area and provides affordable condominium suites for the consumer

since it is so well TUCKED AWAY, the less-than-pretty architecture doesn't bug me too much ~

Daily Commercial News

the more I heard the name of this condo ... the more I find it ironic ... what's so RED HOT about it ?

this building really gives Camrost Felcorp a bad name :(

on another note, apparently Atkins Architects Inc. was beheind this project~

'Red Hot' condos ready to go in Toronto
September 22, 2009

110.jpg

WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY

Work is wrapping up and occupancy has begun at the Red Hot Condominiums at 120 Dallimore Circle in Toronto.

Toddglen Construction began the nine-storey, 200-unit project in March 2007. It includes a fitness room, pool, library, and two-levels of underground parking.

The project was designed by Atkins Architects Inc. Consultants are Y + V Engineering Ltd. (structural) and CBM Engineering Group (mechanical/electrical).

Subtrades included: Lions Group Inc. (excavation); Anchor Shoring & Caissons Ltd.; Linton Steel (rebar supply); Innocon Inc. (concrete supply); Lisi Mechanical/Titan Mechanical; Mapleview Electric; Allan Window Systems Inc.; and Selco Elevators.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/article/id35400

I'm not sure but, isn't this quite visible from the DVP (both directions)?

RED HOT condos is visible if you 'look for it' from DVP ... but its location, when you drive DVP southbound its hidden behind the trees, when you drive DVP northbound the CNR/CPR bridge helps to hide it from the view quite well ...

thankfully this building isn't located in prominantly visible location like Tridel's Accolade ... if that WAS the case, then it would be a true eyesore with high visibility :eek:

Its really in an awkward area theres only one way to access the area and there's ton's of houses tuck away I can only imagine how congested the traffic must be in the morning esp if they keep the promise with the shuttle bus service.

Judging by the pic it doesn't look finished for occupancy at all:confused:

Judging by the pic it doesn't look finished for occupancy at all:confused:

Actually, the first phase of the Red Hot condos is completed and being occupied, what's shown in the above photo is only the eastern half of the complex (phase 1), the 2nd phase will be launched shortly which represents the western half of that building

Rendering which shows the complex when fully constructed, phase 1 (left half) + phase 2 (right half):

joy-condos-don-mills.jpg

October 11 2009 update

View from Accolade
IMG_1661.jpg

Hmmm is the propose 300 trains a day express part of this train tracks route?...if so I feel very sorry for those have to deal with the diesel fumes and noise constantly everyday.

Nope, not here. Luckily, Red Hot Condo owners facing southeast have a pleasant view of a rail freight line, then a sea of parking, then the Don Valley Parkway, then the McDs HQs (they're still there, aren't they?). They've got it made in the shade.

They're sign is still on the building so I presume so, home depot is also there I think ... not sure what else is in that stretch.

Any future plans for that parking lot ?

If you are in the area, go by to see the new mdel suites. The lauch for the new phase is on November 14th, and to Agents the 7th.

Excellent Location

Condo is at a very peaceful site, I have been there personally, asked residents in condo about railtrack noise, they say they never felt it, high wall and nice windows. I observed it myself, the trains (only freight) go slowly about 8 times a day.

Close to Celestica, BELL and Forester, Ontario Science center, don mills center, Real Canadian Super Store, DVP, Donmills, Lawrence and Eglinton.

What else is required to make a location a good location.
450 sq ft one bed room starts from 179900 + 17800 parking.

Good for bachelors, it's better than studios of downtown.

What else is required to make a location a good location.

how about accessibility? I've been to this place often as I have a friend who lives in the area. There's only one way in and out of that neigbourhood which means you have to pass by the run down(I'm being generous here:rolleyes:) town flats.

If you don't drive its a long walk to the bus stop(and only one bus option). All those places you mentioned are not even in walking distance.

if there is a shuttle bus as promised it will cause traffic on those narrow streets.

The condo is a mid-rise which doesn't give the best of views esp for that area and in comparison to the other condos in the don mills area. Plus it looks like the condo was wedged between houses as an after thought almost like its sole purpose was to block the view of the rail for the rest of the houses.

This is IMO not a good location

Last edited:
how about accessibility? I've been to this place often as I have a friend who lives in the area. There's only one way in and out of that neigbourhood which means you have to pass by the run down(I'm being generous here:rolleyes:) town flats.

Those town flats are seriously sketchy looking, everytime I'm in that area I'm shocked by their appearance/condition.

Back