News   Apr 24, 2024
 424     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 772     1 

Red Hot Condos (Don Mills & Lawrence E., Camrost-Felcorp, 9s, Atkins) COMPLETE

casaguy

Member Bio
Reaction score
My apologies if there is already a thread for this (not that it's worth one).

There ain't nothing red nor hot about this thing leering over the Don Valley.

DSCN4356.jpg

A note about Camrost-Felcorp:

Years ago (early 90s) I lived in a twin tower project of theirs at 18 Hollywood Ave. in North York. I was one of the first people to move into this brand new high end condo and ever since then I have always assumed the Camrost-Felcorp name was synonymous with quality. 15+ years later, I'm curious if this still holds.

Last edited:
Apparently this is what we are getting here although the render and the constructed building don't seem to agree in size. Must be a Phase I, Phase II thing.

original.jpg

It ain't "Red Hot" if it don't inspire this
Wolf1s.gif

Now, if it looked like this...
marilyn-monroe-building-mississauga.jpg

After having lived several years in a Tridel building (supposedly known for quality), I must say, my new condo in a Camrost-Felcorp building (9T6) has been nothing short of amazing. Excellent quality and finishes, superb customer service – not to mention that the building registered before I even moved in – unheard of in new construction!

That being said, the above project looks absolutely hideous.

Rendering

indeed ... the structure Casaguy captured represents phase 1 of the development, it was marketed as Joy at Camelot II

Here's the original rendering ... Red Hot Condos is the right half of this building
joy-condos-don-mills.jpg

I passed by there the other day and notices train tracks going thru the site. are the tracks still in use? that would be awfully noisy

May 9 2009 update

Joy @ Camelot II not looking so 'joyful', the grey-ness of this building is depressing ...

as for Red Hot condos, not so hot right now (no sign of progress so far)

IMG_3777.jpg

Daily Commercial News

June 2, 2009

Toddglen Construction’s Joy Condominiums

130.jpg

WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY

Work is ongoing at the Joy Condominiums at 120 Dallimore Circle in Toronto, Ont. Toddglen Construction began the nine-storey, 200-unit project in March 2007 and it will include a fitness room, pool, library, and two-levels of underground parking. The project was designed by Atkins Architects Inc. Consultants are Y V Engineering Ltd. (structural) and CBM Engineering Group (mechanical/electrical). Subtrades include: Lions Group Inc. (excavation); Anchor Shoring & Caissons Ltd.; Linton Steel (rebar supply); Innocon Inc. (concrete supply); Lisi Mechanical/Titan Mechanical; Mapleview Electric; Allan Window Systems Inc.; and Selco Elevators.

August 6 2009 update

View from the North Side
IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

This project is good infil. It's not spectacular but it's not super ugly either. Location is not greatest but units there are affordable.

This project is good infil. It's not spectacular but it's not super ugly either. Location is not greatest but units there are affordable.

It's that kind of bend-over-acceptance of these sorts of buildings that causes them to proliferate so disastrously. This project is not good infill. It sure isn't spectacular and 'super ugly' is actually the fairest evaluation I can think of. The location is terrible (it's carefully nestled in between the DVP and a set of CN tracks) and while the units might be affordable, that hardy makes the building acceptable. Had they carried the brick up to the top and eliminated the stupid fake cornice, the might have given us something acceptable, but really, as it stands, there is nothing to like here.

Back