News   Jul 19, 2019
 560     0 
News   Jul 19, 2019
 630     0 
News   Jul 19, 2019
 1.1K     1 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.)

Geekaroo

Member Bio
Reaction score
Pics Today

From Above. The first two are through a window - sorry about the quality. I am really liking the glass and the curved front.

On The Street

3Dementia

Member Bio
Reaction score
Considering just how big RBC looks in person now at grade, and the fact it will tower over Simcoe Place 1, those aerials remind me that "you ain't seen nuthin' yet".

Long way to go.

DaninToronto

Member Bio
Reaction score
Great shots, much appreciated. I think this tower is going to turn out much better than I thought it was. Kind of glad they didn't choose the exact same glass as Simco Place as it would be a little much if they looked identical.

Geekaroo

Member Bio
Reaction score
what curved front?
Not curved perse. More slanting outward at it grows taller. It's noticeable in my last picture, mainly

3Dementia

Member Bio
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics Geekaroo. Next time you're there try and take a close-up of the podium "surround"... the white fritted glass they are using is really rather handsome and unique.

alklay

Member Bio
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures.

I am really liking this building and yes, the white glass looks exceptionally nice. There is enough going on, in terms of different materials and shapes, to make this visually interesting (and the quality of the materials look decent). I fear that BAC will be a visually boring grey glass box in comparison (which will probably disappear into the background as soon as it is completed).

grey

Member Bio
Reaction score
That's true. BA is just boxy filler, but RBC will stand out because of its shape and location.

caltrane74

Member Bio
Reaction score
Don't forget that Bay Adelaide Centre is not a stand alone project. Tower two is coming down the pipe and finalize the look of the development when completed.

The RBC tower is the first and final phase of this project.