News   Apr 24, 2024
 65     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.9K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 579     0 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

Are the LEDs still turned off at RBC Dexia? The last 3 or 4 times I was downtown, at night, the usual blue LED strip was shut off. Does anyone have any info as to why and if this is still the case?

Dexia's visual identity may be turned off permanently if things get much worse for them.

Keeping those lights on costs the owners of the building money. They should be allowed to turn them off if they choose.

Are you going to pay to keep them on all night, for hapless drunken clubbers to view with double-vision?

Dexia's visual identity may be turned off permanently if things get much worse for them.

I don't quite understand, does RBC own Dexia or just some unit of them ?

Keeping those lights on costs the owners of the building money. They should be allowed to turn them off if they choose.

Are you going to pay to keep them on all night, for hapless drunken clubbers to view with double-vision?

Then don't install them at all if the owners are too cheap to illuminate them. No disguising them as art features either.

Ya, because only drunk clubbers see the lights haha. It gets dark at 7pm now. I'd hardly call that "drunk clubber time".

6275447484_0128babd97_b.jpg

Nice catch tommy!

I`m assuming it`s because RBC has full ownership of DEXIA according to this press release -http://www.rbcdexia.com/web/news/RBC-Press-Release.pdf

Dexia, the Belgian bank RBC partnered with, has collapsed, so RBC bought the balance of the ownership. I assume it will be RBC signage all around now.

Back