News   Aug 27, 2024
 607     0 
News   Aug 27, 2024
 470     0 

Rank from 1-3 (exposure, ceiling height, floor level) when buying a condo

yaz16

Member Bio
Reaction score
Ideally getting a unit that is facing South, having 9ft ceiling and having an unobstructed view on the 20th floor would be ideal.

But usually there are too many constraint to have it that "good" and one has to choose 2 or even 1 out of three factors when purchasing

This is my own personal ranking

1. 9ft ceiling
2. Floor Height
3. Exposure

Living at places with only 8ft ceiling most of my life, i have found new appreciation for units that have spacious 9ft or 10 ft ceiling heights. I figure i will be inside the unit 90 percent of the time. Floor height is 2nd most important factor for me. I don't like ground units due to security reasons but nothing above the 10th floor since i couldn't sit on the balcony comfortably for more than 5 minutes. The last factor is exposure. For me its not a big deal as it is for some. I even like facing north, not having to manage the blind and get indirect sunlight in the morning and afternoon.

Whats your ranking?

Last edited:
I have been living in condo since 2007 on the 25th floor, decent lake view, 8 ft ceilings.

I really wish I had thought to find one with 9ft ceilings or more. 9 ft ceilings make the difference for me. I have been to friends places smaller then mine with 9 ft ceilings, and there place feels so much bigger.

1. 9ft ceilings
2 Exposure
3.Floor Height

I agree that higher ceilings create a sense of greater space than square footage. It's not so much the size of the unit that matters as does the feel of the place.

When it comes to floor height, I just want to be high enough that I can sit on the balcony and feel privacy from passerbys at ground level. But I don't need to be high enough with panoramic views. However, it is a bonus to have unobstructed views.

As for exposure, I am excited that I'll be moving into a north east corner unit. My bedroom window will face east and I'm not a morning person so hopefully the morning sunshine will help kick me out of bed. :)

1. 9ft ceilings
2. Floor Height
3. Exposure

Back