News   Mar 28, 2024
 600     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 433     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 762     0 

QEW Credit River Bridge threatened

Drove past the Credit River bridge site today for the first time in a couple of weeks, and from my fleeting and rather low vantage point, I can see that a further sub section of the bridge structure had been delivered, and that the previously delivered subsections appear to have been added to the sections existing (as bangkok's drone shots illustrated previously). But here appears to be no movement towards the piers, and no similar work on the western side of the river.

Aug 30th
Progress has been made and another section of the bridge has been built. Paving new lanes has also begun.
DJI_0095.JPG
DJI_0096.JPG
DJI_0098.JPG
DJI_0103.JPG
DJI_0101.JPG

September 5th.
All the way across the river now.
DJI_0295.JPG
DJI_0289.JPG
DJI_0290.JPG
DJI_0300.JPG

September 18th update:
The new Mississauga road off ramp visible in the last shot of the post above has opened. Ask me how I know-because I missed the exit! The asphalt of the old ramp has already been removed. I flew from the east side of the river today so i didnt see any of this while in flight.

DJI_0538.JPG
DJI_0549.JPG
DJI_0537.JPG
DJI_0551.JPG
DJI_0542.JPG

Drove by the site today. it appears as if sections of the bridge have begun arriving on the eastern side for the second span. It also appears as if they are reassembling the 'pull box truss' (does it have a technical term?) on the eastern side as well.

They also appear to be engaging in some express lane readjustment going west bound through the Mississauga Road area, but not sure when it goes into effect.

Drove by the site today. it appears as if sections of the bridge have begun arriving on the eastern side for the second span. It also appears as if they are reassembling the 'pull box truss' (does it have a technical term?) on the eastern side as well.

They also appear to be engaging in some express lane readjustment going west bound through the Mississauga Road area, but not sure when it goes into effect.
If it was on the right side that is the new off ramp to mississauga rd.

If it was on the right side that is the new off ramp to mississauga rd.
I saw the new off ramp for Mississauga Road. And no, what I was viewing is in the express lanes driving westbound. The temporary concrete barriers have been removed and lines have been painted or partially painted, suggesting realignment of the express lanes through that same area. i suppose if those lines are shifted to the left, as you head westwards, that will open up further areas for work around the Mississauga exit ramp.

Oct 16
DJI_0585.JPG
DJI_0583.JPG

While driving home last night I could see that the new lanes in the photo below were being paved.
DJI_0594.JPG

Oct 16
View attachment 433506View attachment 433507

While driving home last night I could see that the new lanes in the photo below were being paved.
View attachment 433508
Was driving past earlier today (at exceptionally slow speed) and noted that the areas in Bangkok's photos that were being graded and paved, continue to be receiving multiple coats of pavement and it also appears as if lane shifting will take place shortly. I presume west bound lanes will be shifted to the newly paved areas to allow for center barrier work and associated utilities to proceed.

The third and fourth spans continue to creep across the river, perhaps a third of the way now. And there are work crews at work on spans 1 and 2.

If I had one of those new gigantic electrified Hummers, I would nearly be high enough to take an 'aerial' photo over the barriers.

Back