News   Mar 28, 2024
 254     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 239     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 281     0 

Proposed renaming of Dundas Street

And we need something for Damien Warner. Something big.
Why do you think they aren't showering him with praise like they have done for the female athletes? He's from London, ON and seems to be quite accomplished and successful in his field. Very impressive feat!

September 1, 1914, the last passenger pigeon died.

passenger-pigeons.jpg

From link.
awwww poor pigeons

What I object to is the pointlessness of the argument. Of all the things that need sorting in this city the name of a street that has existed for more than a century should be way down on the list. My question is why now? What is happening behind the scenes that prioritizes this? It's weird.

What I object to is the pointlessness of the argument. Of all the things that need sorting in this city the name of a street that has existed for more than a century should be way down on the list. My question is why now? What is happening behind the scenes that prioritizes this? It's weird.
somewhere there is urban consulting firm with connections to cityhall ready to make millions $$$ off this woke contract, and the sign making industry is lobbying cityhall for more business 😂🤣😂

Oleksiak-De Grasse Square
All good until Penny is arrested for a DUI fatality or De Grasse found with a dead prostitute. Who knows what skeletons these athletic celebrities will have in their closets into the 2050s. I expect many wanted to name streets after Oscar Pistorius, until he smoked his girlfriend.

Last edited:
I wonder if there's any kind of politically correct pressure in European countries to change a bunch of place names...

I wonder if there's any kind of politically correct pressure in European countries to change a bunch of place names...

I've posted an article about how France had been "De-Pétainizing" for the last 80s years. Also, there is de-Sovietization of Eastern European countries post-Cold War (though some of it arguably is reverting to the original nomenclature).

AoD

Last edited:

I'm sure they're managing to get other things done.

Back