605     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 745     2 

Property Management

illusion

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi
I am looking for a recommendation. From your personal experience, I appreciate if you can recommend me a highrise condoimium property management firm in Toronto with excellent management service as we are planning to change our existing managment company. Also share the pro and con of the firm if you can.

Thank you

Hi
I am looking for a recommendation. From your personal experience, I appreciate if you can recommend me a highrise condoimium property management firm in Toronto with excellent management service as we are planning to change our existing managment company. Also share the pro and con of the firm if you can.

Thank you

This should probably be in the real estate forum so it will probably be moved by the mods.
In my last condo we put out the Property Mngt. firm that the developer installed when their contract was up. I chaired a sub-committee to investigate and then interview Property Management firms. We learned three things, 1) it's all about how much your budget is per year for Property Management vs. what you get in terms of service, 2) indeed some firms are better than others and 3) negotiate hard. This building was a boutique style condo with only 96 units with a $45K budget for Property Management which was absolutely unworkable in the real world. We had to nearly triple the 2nd year budget for Property Management and for that we got 20 hours a week for an onsite Property Administrator, 4 hours a week for an onsite Property Manager and emergency "off hours" service. Feel free to PM me for the name of the company but we found them to be sensational, perhaps we lucked out with an excellent Administrator & Prop. Manger both of which were very well trained, extremely professional, friendly and efficient. We also found the resources that they had access to within their company were top notch.

Back