News   Apr 25, 2024
 340     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

President Joe Biden's United States of America

As many of you here will know by now, California imposed sector-wide bargaining for Fast Food workers this past year, and the result is that the minimum wage for said workers in the State has risen from $16USD to $20USD per hour.

This is a 25% increase.

In the media story linked below, we see the impact on prices in the California Fast Food industry:

1713730447153.png

This is a perfect and positive example of the impacts of the increase; as employers so often proclaim, the impact of a wage increase is indeed a price increase; but one far less than the wage increase, because wage accounts for such a low portion of total cost. (typically 12-20% in fast food)

So we see 3 examples above at ~7.5% average price hike, and 2 others at 2.5%. Not a complete sample, but I'll lean slightly to the higher increase and weight the average at 6.25%. To the extent that is correct, you're getting a price increase, on average, at 1/4 of the percent of the minimum wage increase.

I for one would support that every single day. There is, of course, a limit, and I think California is probably fairly close to it; but at $20USD per hour, you're at $27.60 per hour CAD, which would not leave me feeling too badly for someone working in said sector.

What century is Arizona living in!!?

Arizona Supreme Court reinstates near-total abortion ban from 1864​

If you’re an evangelical prolifer a total ban makes sense. If the life of the fetus is all that matters, it thus doesn’t matter if the future mother was impregnated through rape or incest, or even if her own health is at risk. It makes no sense to make exceptions. So, kudos for consistency you theocratic nut bars.

Back