News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.7K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 555     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

And then there are people like Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz who continue inciting. The GOP needs to deal with that fringe element.

I prefer to identify her on her own rather than as someone’s wife. She has a long Republican career. She is as complicit as every other enabler who has been there all along. Her resignation is not an act of courage or principles because if she had that, she would be part of invoking the 25th amendment.

Bravery and forthrightness is demonstrated by taking a position that is clearly deleterious to one's own immediate interests right from the start - most of the current crop of GOPers and sycophants are finally abandoning ship because there is no longer any political risk to doing so. May they drown in the miseries of their own making.

AoD

Last edited:
When I first started to become aware of Black's writing , I needed a dictionary beside me. As I remember it, one of the first words his scribblings forced me to look up was " bloviating ". At least he forced me to expand my vocabulary.

Exact opposite, in the vocabulary for Trump. Wonder if Trump even knows how to use a dictionary or thesaurus?

Spoiler Alert: They won't. I have zero faith they'll face any serious consequences, and that they won't be pardoned by Trump before he leaves.

When I first started to become aware of Black's writing , I needed a dictionary beside me. As I remember it, one of the first words his scribblings forced me to look up was " bloviating ". At least he forced me to expand my vocabulary.

Could a better word be found to describe Black's own writings?

blo·vi·ate
  1. talk at length, especially in an inflated or empty way.
Definition from Oxford.

Not neccessarily.

You forget the Bull-Moose Party which Teddy Roosevelt was a member of. It did not last very long but it was also a Third Party.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Party_(United_States,_1912)

In the 90s you had Ross Perot who gave Bush a run for his money. He did not win any votes BUT he did win 19% of the popular vote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Perot
They can only be spoilers, which is why their system is stable in two party form. The renegade party quickly tires of giving the diametrically opposed party ultimate power by splitting the vote.

Any chances a Democrat senator could go rogue and flip to the Republicans, thereby shifting the balance of power again?
Doubtful. Joe Manchin is the conservative Dem senator that could cast deciding votes, and will tend to be a barrier to a more progressive agenda. What incentive would he have to flip to GOP?

Interesting thing is that because the GOP no longer controls the agenda, GOP senators may be forced to vote on issues that they avoided under McConnell and be forced to vote in favour lest the Democrats use their opposition as a cudgel. Particularly the vulnerable Republican senators in purple states.

Back