News   Apr 23, 2024
 982     3 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 435     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

I could see the GOP split into two parties: a more moderate GOP and a new Trump QAnon party. The latter could merge with the Constitution Party as they are very similar ideologically and become the new Constitution Party. The Libertarian Party could stay as is.

The Democrats could split into the Social Democratic Party led by AOC (and could merge with the Justice Party) and the Biden-Harris faction would be the regular Democrats.

By doing so, the United States can get away from the practical two-party system and potentially avert a second civil war.

As I once said, the Global South begins south of the 49th parallel and south of the Great Lakes.

I can see the more radical parts of the GOP forming their own party akin to the Tea Party movement. Now that Trump is going away and his manifestations are quite problematic the GOP would be wise to toss the more toxic elements of the party aside.

I could see the GOP split into two parties: a more moderate GOP and a new Trump QAnon Newsmax OANN party. The latter could merge with the Constitution Party as they are very similar ideologically and become the new Constitution Party. The Libertarian Party could stay as is.

The Democrats could split into the Social Democratic Party led by AOC (and could merge with the Justice Party and perhaps be renamed Justice Party) and the Biden-Harris faction would be the regular Democrats.

By doing so, the United States can get away from the practical two-party system and potentially avert a second civil war.

As I once said, the Global South begins south of the 49th parallel and south of the Great Lakes.
That's not how politics work in the US. Everything about their electoral system is built around a two party system.

That's not how politics work in the US. Everything about their electoral system is built around a two party system.

Not neccessarily.

You forget the Bull-Moose Party which Teddy Roosevelt was a member of. It did not last very long but it was also a Third Party.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Party_(United_States,_1912)

In the 90s you had Ross Perot who gave Bush a run for his money. He did not win any votes BUT he did win 19% of the popular vote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Perot

Not sure what you mean here? 🤔

I think he is confused with the Mason-Dixon line.
It is meant to be a joke that the entirety of the United States is in the Global South. The Second American Civil War is less around the Mason-Dixon Line as Virginia is south of the Mason-Dixon Line and is a Blue State nowadays for example.

Any chances a Democrat senator could go rogue and flip to the Republicans, thereby shifting the balance of power again?

On the bright side this may have been the wakeup call that was needed.

No doubt alot of senators and congressmen from the GOP were happy to spew lies about election fraud and other fake news in order to curry favor with the president.

Now that they realised that people are willing to use force against them it changed things.

Those senators and congressmen had their lives threatened yesterday because of their rhetoric. The Capitol Building was seized in act of armed insurrection because of the things they said.

I can see the GOP changing their tune.
Is it?

They all flipped when they were personally put in danger.

If this is what it takes to turn people around then we have a much deeper problem.

Elaine Chow, Trump’s Transportation Secretary, has resigned.

You mean Mitch McConnell's wife suddenly had an attack of principles in the last 48 hours; about the same time as her hubby?

Hmm.

Pshaw, must be a coincidence; and to think, she had 13 days left on the job too!

I prefer to identify her on her own rather than as someone’s wife. She has a long Republican career. She is as complicit as every other enabler who has been there all along. Her resignation is not an act of courage or principles because if she had that, she would be part of invoking the 25th amendment.

I prefer to identify her on her own rather than as someone’s wife. She has a long Republican career. She is as complicit as every other enabler who has been there all along. Her resignation is not an act of courage or principles because if she had that, she would be part of invoking the 25th amendment.

I agree with all of that, but have to say the connection to McConnell is relevant; her apparent change in point-of-view within a day or so McConnell's "I care about democracy speech" is just rich.

Also the connection is one many might not make given the differing last names.

A Washington power couple, neither half of which I have any time for..............

Back