News   Apr 24, 2024
 601     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 825     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 543     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

Big hope trump leaves we can sort of take a pause on cancel culture and turn the dial down a bit.

It seems we have such a toxic public discourse right now where instead of engaging in debate we just want to cancel anyone who disagrees with us.

Big hope trump leaves we can sort of take a pause on cancel culture and turn the dial down a bit.

It seems we have such a toxic public discourse right now where instead of engaging in debate we just want to cancel anyone who disagrees with us.

It's hard to engage in meaningful debate with racists and ignorant fools who don't believe in science.

Can you imagine Trudeau or Ford saying they're going to reject Health Canada's recommendations on protecting students?

If the UK had stayed in the EU, the EU would have become a leader. At the moment, it has "influence" that is better than the US.

I'm not convinced, with or without the UK. It is economically powerful and a common market, but there are differences in foreign policy, alliances/allegiances, military capability/willingness, etc. I have not, and don't see, a unified voice on matters involving other regions of the world and how it wants to fit in.

I'm not convinced, with or without the UK. It is economically powerful and a common market, but there are differences in foreign policy, alliances/allegiances, military capability/willingness, etc. I have not, and don't see, a unified voice on matters involving other regions of the world and how it wants to fit in.

And there won't be. There are too many cultural differences and needs.

If the UK had stayed in the EU, the EU would have become a leader. At the moment, it has "influence" that is better than the US.
That was never in the cards. The USA and China have military might that the Euros can never have. The primary combined military capability of Europe is NATO, and by regulation it's always controlled by the USA.

As a British-Canuck I call tell you why all my relatives, in their mid 40s and up voted to leave. The EU was supposed to be a trade pact, that's it, but as all governments do, they creep and expand into parts of your life that you perhaps never thought needed regulation before. Who in Britain knew that a toilet seat could not use certain types of wood (EU Regulation No 995/2010) or that a foreign bureaucracy was needed to enforce that. You can't even take a piss without someone from Brussels telling you how to flush, https://www.euractiv.com/section/cl...-to-regulate-flushing-of-toilets-and-urinals/. And while my UK cousins are very ethnically diverse, they are very against Brussels dictating who can move and reside in the UK. Can you imagine some government office in Washington tell Canadians who is allowed entry and residence here? There just too much difference between Brits and the Continentals, and I imagine both are glad to be shod of the other.

Last edited:
It's hard to engage in meaningful debate with racists and ignorant fools who don't believe in science.
I think that is my point

The debate is being dominated by increasing radicalism on each side while the moderate public is like um...

Ofc racist are horrible but you heard that letter signed by Noam chomsky and others about the dangers of mob culture and cancel culture.

There is a medium here I hope we return to that soon.

Last edited:
That was never in the cards. The USA and China have military might that the Euros can never have. The primary combined military capability of Europe is NATO, and by regulation it's always controlled by the USA.

As a British-Canuck I call tell you why all my relatives, in their mid 40s and up voted to leave. The EU was supposed to be a trade pact, that's it, but as all governments do, they creep and expand into parts of your life that you perhaps never thought needed regulation before. Who knew that a toilet seat needed a certain radius or that a bureaucracy had to enforce that. https://www.euractiv.com/section/cl...-to-regulate-flushing-of-toilets-and-urinals/ You can't even take a piss without someone from Brussels telling you how to flush. And while my UK cousins are very ethnically diverse, they are very against Brussels dictating who can move and reside in the UK. There just too much difference between Brits and the Continentals. Imagine both are glad to be shod of the other.

This would be the same EU that finally forced the UK into the 20thC, making it adopt Metric?

The same EU that brought massive financial aid to poor areas of the UK?

The EU that fostered London's renaissance through immigration and London becoming an even larger business/financial centre?

The one that allowed tens of thousands of UK residents to buy retirement or second homes in Spain and France?

Yes, its terrible what Brussels imposed on the UK. The horror of it all.

The debate is being dominated by increasing radicalism on each side

1594247444025.jpeg

IDK Jasmine, sometimes there is a right and wrong side.

Five shocking passages in Mary Trump's tell-all book

7 July 2020

A tell-all memoir written by President Donald Trump's niece claims that he is a "narcissist" who now threatens the life of every American.

Mary Trump's book, Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World's Most Dangerous Man, describes her uncle as a fraud and a bully.

The White House rejects claims made in the book, excerpts of which have been leaked to US media.

The Trump family has sued to block its 14 July publication.

Back