News   Mar 28, 2024
 137     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 289     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 654     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

Think that just Canadians have problems crossing the border into the U.S.A.. Another "thanks" to Donald Trump influence.

An unexpected detour at the U.S.-Canada border turned into ‘the scariest experience’ for these British vacationers

From link.

A counternarrative from the Washington Post- some strange stuff going on:

U.S. officials say British family illegally crossed border from Canada on purpose
By Nick Miroff
Oct. 15, 2019 at 4:34 p.m. EDT
CBP officials disputed the family’s version of events and said the Connors were spotted via video surveillance “slowly and deliberately driving through a ditch onto Boundary Road in Lynden, Washington,” between parallel roadways on the U.S. and Canadian sides. The roads are not connected by cross streets, and the only legal way to traverse between the countries is through staffed border stations throughout the region.
The CBP statement said U.S. agents also determined that two of the family members had applied for travel authorization to visit the United States and were denied. A senior CBP official said the Connors applied for visa waivers last year, and it was not immediately clear why they were rejected.
The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the case, said the family — four adults and three small children — had $16,000 in cash at the time of their arrest.
“Attempts were made to return the individuals to Canada, however, Canada refused to allow their return and two attempts to contact the United Kingdom consulate were unsuccessful,” the CBP statement read.
The CBP official said it was not clear why Canada refused to let the family back into the country.

When crossing into the US, If they ask you if you ever smoked weed? Always say NO or this could happen...............

And people forget, just because it's legal in Canada and most of the US doesn't mean you can cross the boarder with cannabis or CBD oil

I have never been asked (but I know the correct answer ;) ) I have seen the sniffer dogs being used quite a bit, both at the airport and at bridge crossings.

When crossing into the US, If they ask you if you ever smoked weed? Always say NO or this could happen...............

And people forget, just because it's legal in Canada and most of the US doesn't mean you can cross the boarder with cannabis or CBD oil

Anyone dumb enough to admit to ANY drug use to a US border agent deserves to be banned.

Fort Worth shooting of Atatiana Jefferson exposes police training failures

As the department is scrutinized, the desire for federal standards for use of force and de-escalation training across the country are being championed.

Oct. 16, 2019, 7:54 PM EDT
By Erik Ortiz and Suzanne Gamboa

"We don't feel safe": Fort Worth residents outraged over police shooting of black woman in home

BY ERIN DONAGHUE
UPDATED ON: OCTOBER 16, 2019 / 4:31 PM / CBS NEWS

It would be a disaster. You can't be president just because your spouse was.

She's the third most traveled Secretary of State in US History. I'm not sure if there's any other American politician who has actually visited more of the world while in office. She was also Senator for New York. And she was actually effective in those jobs. She was widely liked as SoS and at the State Department itself. At what point, are people going to look past the fact that she was the wife of Bill Clinton, to her other accomplishments?

She was the most qualified candidate in 2015. And looking at this field, I actually don't see anyone who actually has more experience than her. I will concede that she'd be divisive as a candidate, and if only for that reason, it's probably best to move on. I also really doubt she wants to run again.

Last edited:
She's the third most traveled Secretaries of State in US History. I'm not sure if there's any other American politician who has actually visited more of the world while in office. She was also Senator for New York. At what point, are people going to look past the fact that she was the wife of Bill Clinton, to her other accomplishments?
Never. Because she got those jobs you mention because she was the wife of Bill Clinton. It would be akin to Michelle Obama (a strong woman and lawyer in her own right) getting a plumb cabinet role in in 2020 when the Dem’s hopefully take the White House. Since when does the most logged air miles equate merit? As Justin Trudeau may soon learn, having a famous name does not guarantee you long term success.

Never. Because she got those jobs you mention because she was the wife of Bill Clinton. It would be akin to Michelle Obama (a strong woman and lawyer in her own right) getting a plumb cabinet role in in 2020 when the Dem’s hopefully take the White House. As Justin Trudeau may soon learn, having a famous name does not guarantee you long term success.

Getting the job is one thing. Succeeding at it is another. Name recognition can get your foot in the door. But if you don't succeed, you won't last long. She could have been primaried out of her Senate seat if she wasn't successful. Nor would she have had a successful following at State if she was a poor leader. She executed Obama's foreign policy pretty damn well (Iran nuclear deal, pivot to Asia, reaction to the Arab Spring, Iraq drawdown). And she is well regarded in that position.

Funny, some would say Bill Clinton got the job at least partially because of Hillary. One can almost say that having been the First Lady is probably even more of a handicap than it was a blessing - it sets up strong opinions about her.

AoD

Donald Trump booed and greeted with 'lock him up' chants at World Series
  • President attended Sunday’s baseball game in Washington DC
  • Crowd booed when Trump appeared on video screen
Tom Lutz
Mon 28 Oct 2019 02.32 GMT First published on Mon 28 Oct 2019 02.22 GMT

Donald Trump booed and greeted with 'lock him up' chants at World Series
  • President attended Sunday’s baseball game in Washington DC
  • Crowd booed when Trump appeared on video screen
Tom Lutz
Mon 28 Oct 2019 02.32 GMT First published on Mon 28 Oct 2019 02.22 GMT

Just like Donald Trump's disciple, Doug Ford, when he was introduced at the Raptors' Nathan Phillips Square victory reception.

I watched Sicko so I know all about Hillary Clinton. She is just another puppet of Corporate America, and Biden looks to be the same. That's the problem with politics in the US: Democrats and Republicans are just two sides of the same coin, two different faces for the same party, Option 1A and Option 1B. Donald Trump at least finally gave the people an Option 2. That's why I am rooting for him to get past this impeachment thing and win the next election against the puppet, Biden. A government needs to the serve the interests of the people, not the corporations.

When in doubt, vote for the crook (and the irony of that self-service thing in doing so). I mean, you do know who got that massive deficit-busting tax cut south of the border right?

AoD

Last edited:

Back