News   Mar 28, 2024
 366     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 277     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 307     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

Yeltsin was nowhere near the only one who nearly ruined that country, though he was wikkid at ruining himself.
Incorrect.

Yeltsin - as a leader in a country that has always swayed to autocracy - had almost universal control of the country, including the army, after the USSR's failed putsch shortly after his election - and the collapse of the previous state.

Under encouragement from American 'vultures' (I could use other words, but I'm going to be polite because the audience here is pro-American generally) - Yeltsin dissected the master controlled economy that existed under the USSR and sold its constituent parts for pennies on the dollar. Gazprom, the world's largest natural gas supplier, producer, etc was sold for a couple of million dollars. Let that sink in - all at the direct encouragement of vultures such as Jeffrey Sachs. The fact that that man can still speak about this glowingly abroad is a sign of sickness.

Regarding the life expectancy of Russian men - have you looked at Canada's life expectancy in non-urban communities? Russia, unlike Canada, settles its arctic circle with hundreds of thousands of people and makes sure its vast territories are somewhat populated - this bodes poorly for healthcare, especially in a country without the material wealth of the west.

If Canada can't ensure good quality of life for its rural/isolated communities, you expect Russia, 3x bigger, to do so? LOL

I just hate how everything about Russia is discussed without context - I'd rather have good relations with Russia than poor relations, because they border us and they tend to be virulently strong willed about their interests (and our arctic is their interest).

My $0.02.

Incorrect.

Yeltsin - as a leader in a country that has always swayed to autocracy - had almost universal control of the country, including the army, after the USSR's failed putsch shortly after his election - and the collapse of the previous state.

Under encouragement from American 'vultures' (I could use other words, but I'm going to be polite because the audience here is pro-American generally) - Yeltsin dissected the master controlled economy that existed under the USSR and sold its constituent parts for pennies on the dollar. Gazprom, the world's largest natural gas supplier, producer, etc was sold for a couple of million dollars. Let that sink in - all at the direct encouragement of vultures such as Jeffrey Sachs. The fact that that man can still speak about this glowingly abroad is a sign of sickness.

The wholesale sell-off of state assets was done mostly by Russians and sold to Russians with the encouragement of....take a guess.....Russians. Putin himself was a huge proponent of the sell-off before his being anointed by Yeltsin as his successor. Some Americans may have made some money but this was a Russian game.
Who owns Gazprom? Who are they friends with?
The whole St Petersburg gang got the ball rolling well early in the 90s. Yeltsin was a puppet.

As for their health issues, I don't think it has much to do with rural living. Just compare Russian male and female life expectancies: Male 66.4; Female 77.2 http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/russia-life-expectancy.
That's a massive gap and is explained by a lot more than where these people live.
Russian males are prone to dying by violence or addiction (mostly to alcohol, obviously).

One of my closest friends is from Moskva and believe me when I say there's a very good reason for their low life expectancy and it has very little to do with living in far-flung places.
They have some serious societal issues that need sorting.
My friend doesn't even want to go back to visit.
Young males in some circles are almost expected to be dead by 30.
It's a bit of a shit show there and back country living ain't the problem.

Last edited:
Coming soon to a bookstore near you.

Omarosa secretly recorded Donald Trump and played it for others, according to insiders

See link.

Former Donald Trump aide and reality superstar Omarosa Manigault Newman is shopping her upcoming book, Unhinged: An Insider’s Account of the Trump White House, and knowledgeable sources are alleging that she has secretly recorded conversations with the president to back up claims she makes in the book.

First reported by The Daily Beast, these sources say Manigault Newman used her smartphone to record multiple private discussions she had in the White House with Trump.

One person confirmed to the publication that they actually heard at least one of the conversations; the individual said there was nothing controversial on the recording, and for the most part, it featured mundane chatter between Trump and his associates.

Daily Beast reporter Lacklan Markay — one of the reporters credited with breaking the story — said Manigault Newman’s recorded conversations aren’t “quite so incriminating as the Michael Cohen recordings,” but they illustrate a “major breach of trust by someone who is very close to the president.”

(Cohen, Trump’s former lawyer, revealed that he had audio recordings of discussions he and the president had about alleged hush money payments to stripper Stormy Daniels.)

“Without commenting on the specific contents of Unhinged, we are confident that Omarosa Manigault Newman can substantiate her highly-anticipated account of life inside the Trump White House,” said a spokesperson for Gallery Books, a division of Simon & Schuster, in a statement.

The book publisher would neither confirm nor deny the existence of any recordings.

Incorrect.

Regarding the life expectancy of Russian men - have you looked at Canada's life expectancy in non-urban communities? Russia, unlike Canada, settles its arctic circle with hundreds of thousands of people and makes sure its vast territories are somewhat populated - this bodes poorly for healthcare, especially in a country without the material wealth of the west.

If Canada can't ensure good quality of life for its rural/isolated communities, you expect Russia, 3x bigger, to do so? LOL

I just hate how everything about Russia is discussed without context - I'd rather have good relations with Russia than poor relations, because they border us and they tend to be virulently strong willed about their interests (and our arctic is their interest).

My $0.02.

Interesting analysis. On the 'urban-rural life expectancy' argument, like many other rural versus urban comparisons, the distinction is often unclear to me. One analysis from the mid-2000s showed rural parts of the prairies to show no statistical difference from the national average. No doubt, having ready access to the major trauma centres of large urban areas is a benefit, but many rural professions such as farming, logging or mining may be inherently more dangerous than more urban-centric occupations. It is also unclear to me that if a Toronto resident dies in a fiery crash in Muskoka how that is counted. There is a vast difference between rural Minden or Mildmay and rural Foleyet or Ear Falls, let alone Pond Inlet or Telegraph Creek.

UN audience laughs when Trump boasts of achievements

See link.

An audience of world leaders at the United Nations laughed on Tuesday when President Trump boasted of his achievements during his time in office.

"In less than two years, my administration has accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country," Trump said, opening his address to the U.N. General Assembly.

Audience members then began chuckling and the laughs grew louder when Trump said "so true."

Trump smiled and paused, then responded: "I didn't expect that reaction but that's OK."

The president touted his domestic efforts, including tax cuts and his push to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, before addressing his foreign policy goals.

Trump often claimed that his predecessor, former President Obama, turned the U.S. into a laughingstock on the world stage.

"We need a President who isn't a laughing stock to the entire World. We need a truly great leader, a genius at strategy and winning. Respect!" Trump tweeted in 2014...

The UN employs translators to translate the speeches into 6 languages, English, French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, and Chinese. If the speaker doesn't use an official language, the speaker has to bring along his own interpreter. That interpreter then translates into one of the official languages, usually English or French and the other interpreters translate from that interpretation.

Wonder who translated Trump's speech into English?

Last edited:

Back