212     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 534     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.9K     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

According to this link:

Court Temporarily Blocks President Trump’s Syrian Refugee And Travel Ban
The stay appears to apply nationwide, which means it can’t be implemented until further court action.

Late Saturday, a fedeal judge in Brooklyn temporarily halted parts of President Donald Trump’s sweeping executive order that aimed to block the entry of Syrian refugees and impose a de facto ban on travelers coming from several Muslim-majority countries.

The American Civil Liberties Union, immigrants’ rights groups and refugee relief organizations had filed the action in federal court Saturday morning on behalf of two Iraqi nationals who were detained at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City, asking for a declaration that the order is unconstitutional and requesting an injunction to prevent its implementation against other travelers who may be equally harmed.

“The petitioners have a strong likelihood of success in establishing that the removal of the petitioners and others similarly situated violates the rights to Due Process and Equal Protection guaranteed by the United States Constitution,” U.S. District Judge Ann Donnelly of the Eastern District of New York wrote in her order.

The legal action named Trump in his official capacity as president, as well as the Department of Homeland Security and other high-ranking officials. Although temporary and subject to appeal, it represents the first constitutional setback faced by the new administration.

The immediate reading of Donnelly’s order left several interpretations. One view is that the ruling only applies to people currently being detained at airports and other ports of entry, as well as those stranded mid-travel. But other lawyers see it as far more sweeping, arguing that it applies to people who were entitled to enter the United States before the order was issued.

The ambiguous nature of the stay underscored the crazed process by which the order was implemented and litigated ― all within a span of a day. And it portends even more high-pitched court battles ahead.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

As long as they do it to the "aliens", it seems to be fine with some.

Live long and prosper.

I'm not understanding. Someone please take this issue seriously and provide an accurate response: Are Canadian dual citizens (with citizenship from one of the seven banned countries) able to enter the U.S.? Also, there is a scary amount of pro Trump fake news out there. All you have to do is enter just about any info about Trump into a search engine and you will find links and banners disseminating this drivel. I read one about celebrity I.Q.'s that ends extolling Trump's intelligence. It's troubling that we'll likely never know the sources or be able to stop the disinformation. It makes the propaganda ministries of old seem like child's play.

Last edited:
What's with holding protests on Monday during work hours? Wouldn't more folks be able to participate if it was outside of normal work hours?

At the rate of these anti-Trump protests, folks will be out of vacation days by March.

Yates is a holdover from Obama. She's gone in days when Sessions takes over. It's neither relevant or surprising.

It's safe to assume that there can be no grey areas with Trump. Legislation that leaves room for interpretation will always be applied and enforced through an alt-right lens. Constitutional lawyers will need to pin down the lawful scope of every executive order and bill that comes through this administration. Assume that if rules have loopholes and can be bent, they will be. The more that this kind of practice becomes normalized -- not unlike "alternative truth" and fake news -- the harder it will be to push back. Under a government where both houses of congress, and soon the judiciary and government departments, are either cheerleaders or complicit by their silence, the laws themselves may soon undo both the intent of the constitution and its protections.

Back